The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yup.....the " mom...mom " thing was a big ole piss down our backs. There is now no way the writers/producers,what have you dont know the fans analyze every little bit of each episode....that was one of the most unforgivable. To me though,its still a notch below the Glenn/dumpster fiasco......

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I agree with those who say this season was a waste of time. I think it was slightly better than Season 5, as the second half of that season had WAY too many meh episodes.

Again, I can only hope that somehow this new story arc kicked off by one of the gang getting killed LEADS TO AN OVERALL ENDGAME SCENARIO STORY ARC...

But if they comics don't even know WTF they are doing in relation to that, then there is no hope for the show to figure it out as well.

Brewdude

Reaction score
Seems to have a lot of people talking, so I don't see how it was a strange decision. Seems to have accomplished just what a network would want.

:dunno:
Oh I agree, they definitely got people talking, and if I had to guess 95% of the people (myself included) who are swearing it off will come crawling back in October like heroin addicts :laugh2:

Just seems like the genuinely pissed a lot of people off and could lose the casual fans from this. If it were the first time they've pulled stuff like this maybe they'd have a little more benefit of the doubt but as has been pointed out this is the latest in a long line of such letdowns.

that audio is complete BS, it was spliced from earlier when Glenn reacts to Negan. The aired sequence does not contain any screaming amid the bat falls or when Negan says 'takin it like a champ'.
Ha is it really? As I said I am always very skeptical of those audio slow downs as people only hear what they want, and I heard none of that when watching it live. I guess we have another 6 months of people grasping at straws...

Ed B

Reaction score
Oh I agree, they definitely got people talking, and if I had to guess 95% of the people (myself included) who are swearing it off will come crawling back in October like heroin addicts :laugh2:

Just seems like the genuinely pissed a lot of people off and could lose the casual fans from this. If it were the first time they've pulled stuff like this maybe they'd have a little more benefit of the doubt but as has been pointed out this is the latest in a long line of such letdowns.
I can't wait to see if you all are men of your word. I'm betting you aren't.:laugh2:
their word? It's as predictable as the cliffhangers. :laugh2:

I know, I know THIS time you mean it, right?

What have they lost, 5 fans here? 5 people that have been crying for years? :lol:

Pete M

Reaction score
At some point Rick et al seemed to be struggling against something. Oh wait...they were trying to survive in the zombie apocalypse. Remember those days? Now they are just pissing about in the woods. Win some fights, lose others. Which this week? Let's toss a coin.

There's no feeling of direction because we are on a rudderless ship. There is no direction. There's no end game. There's no story. They don't know what they're going to do other than try and keep the ratings up at all costs. It's just cheap cynical tricks all round, this season, last season and the forseeable future. Throw some new bad guys in every now and then. Oh wait Eugene might get to bang the hot chick though? Please.. who cares!

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see if you all are men of your word. I'm betting you aren't.:laugh2:
their word? It's as predictable as the cliffhangers. :laugh2:

I know, I know THIS time you mean it, right?

What have they lost, 5 fans here? 5 people that have been crying for years? :lol:
let us have the b*tch fest man :laugh2:

we're gonna kick tomorrow.

...I gotta catch up on the comics anyway. :laugh2: I'm like 30 issues behind.

Bownse

Reaction score
At some point Rick et al seemed to be struggling against something. Oh wait...they were trying to survive in the zombie apocalypse. Remember those days? Now they are just pissing about in the woods. Win some fights, lose others. Which this week? Let's toss a coin.

There's no feeling of direction because we are on a rudderless ship. There is no direction. There's no end game. There's no story. They don't know what they're going to do other than...
Sounds like life in a post ZA world to me.

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what the true ratings are though, and if the way they jerk around viewers has had any effect.

Because anecdotally, a TON of people I know used to watch it but stopped in the past 12 to 18 months because of the boring storylines and the too-slow pacing.

The high point of the show seemed to be the prison/Governor storyline and its been a downhill slide ever since.

Latest Threads