The Walking Dead Season 6 Thread (May Contain Spoilers)

JMV

Reaction score
You know, I really like that they included the Walker that Denise found. It really stood out to me. Maybe because I have 3 children ages 5 and under, but it really hit home. I get the desperation in the middle of the night for them to stop screaming and go back to sleep, and I'm not even in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. I can't imagine trying to survive with the circumstances as well. Seeing "HUSH" written all over the walls in the drowned toddler really personified the walker, which I don't think we've seen on TWD in quite a while.

I do wonder if it may have been foreshadowing Judith's death. I wouldn't imagine that Negan would bash her skull in, but I guess anything's possible. It's kind of hard for me to imagine the show going that far at this point. It was definitely cement his place as a totally new level of evil for the show, though.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I didn't get that, the hush thing and that room she found.

there was a baby shoe and a walker in a leg cast right?

Sct13

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the mother was hiding in the room, she had a cast and mercy drowned her kid..?

That's kind of what I got out of it.

JMV

Reaction score
That's it. You can tell the mother had tried to quiet the child and finally wound up drowning him/her.

Mercy? Desperation? Just absolutely losing your ****? Heck, it could be all of the above. Maybe it was just there to show that Denise wasn't ready at all to face the real ugliness of the world they're in.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ahh ok. I missed that I thought it was a shoe on the table, .. so it was a foot in standing water in a sink? I totally didn't get that.

and the mom goes crazy after killing the kid and starts writing 'Hush' on the wall and probably starved or something?

got it.

..yeah I just thought it was a shoe. :laugh2:

shouldn't the baby be a zombie?

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
I thought it was a shoe with ankle sticking out and maggots.

I thought the mom had eaten her own baby.

:dunno:

Deus Vult

Reaction score
After watching it again, I think she drowned her child because it was crying and drawing the attention of the walkers.

Sct13

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes they are drawing on a WWII story of a group of people in a cave in an occupied territory of the Japanese. they were evading capture ...a mother had to smother a child in order to keep the group from being captured /killed/tourchered....Philippines I think....Screaming infant/child and the patrol was in earshot....

It also could have been accidental because the mother was scared or the group silenced the child....

There was a M*A*S*H episode that had the same sort of scenario....pretty brutal...

They writers dug deep into the psyche again....infanticide is pretty deep.

Reaction score
After watching it again, I think she drowned her child because it was crying and drawing the attention of the walkers.

Agreed. When they first approached the building I noticed that the front of the apothecary was covered in a buttload of dirty hand prints, while the rest of the store fronts were clean.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I noticed that too but didn't put it together that there was a crying baby attracting them.

....you know that whole story of the baby or whatever was not very clearly told in this episode. :laugh2:

Reaction score
It didn't make any sense until after Denise found the "baby in the bath."

At least I'm not the only one who noticed them though. When she found it I unconsciously said something out loud about the hand prints and Mrs_Ape got all "wtf are you talking about."

After I explained she did her usual bitching about how I see everything. Sucks to be her. :laugh2:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a shoe.

they should've had a leg or arm sticking out of the water.

..tempted to watch that scene again.

......I wondered WTF she was freaking out over a shoe. :rolleyes:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
took a screenshot...

I don't think it reads well, the camera angle obscures the faucet so it didn't read as a sink,..and the water being perfectly still didn't register it as water.

if instead of 7/8ths of a shoe, they had a toddlers leg hanging over the edge wearing a shoe,..and if the camera angle showed the faucet more clearly,..it would've read quite clearly. Maybe if she bumped the sink to make the water move.

So I'll say I'm a dumbass who totally missed this whole handprints/crib/zombie-mom/hush/foot sub-story. I saw all the pieces but I thought I saw a shoe so it didn't click together at all.

I do like the idea that the director/writers tried to tell a story in images like this,..kind of Kubrick'ish.

...if it was drowned the baby should be a zombie?

unless it did come back and Mom had to bash its head in?

maybe that's why the water's dirty?

went crazy and starved hiding in that room?

..I'm so curious what story the writers/director were trying to tell here. :laugh2:

Reaction score
Can you imagine the blow back from all the professional victims if they had shown a limb hanging out of the tub?

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
???

they've shown hundreds and hundreds of brutal killings. :laugh2:

tell the professional victims to go f**k themselves.

Reaction score
But you have to think of the childrens!

I usually encourage them to do so with a rusty screwdriver.

Latest Threads