TheWelder

Reaction score
I'm playing through Bioshock Infinite again. I only played it once through when it first came out.

I love the first Bioshock - one of my favorite games of all time really. Not sure what to think about Infinite though. It's a good game, but seems a little empty IMO by comparison. I think BS1 just set the bar so high.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah, Bioshock 2 and 3 didn't compete with 1. 1 is just too good. The atmosphere (bathosphere?) of the game is just too cool and unique. The story and characters are interesting. As a game world it really pulled me in.

smk506

Reaction score
The whole series was good, but the first one is the only one I actually remember any of. I never killed any of the little sisters so I got the good feelz ending too.

TheWelder

Reaction score
yeah, Bioshock 2 and 3 didn't compete with 1. 1 is just too good. The atmosphere (bathosphere?) of the game is just too cool and unique. The story and characters are interesting. As a game world it really pulled me in.
The whole series was good, but the first one is the only one I actually remember any of. I never killed any of the little sisters so I got the good feelz ending too.
I've played through Bioshock 1 around seven or eight times now The last time I played through it was a couple years ago and I decided it would be the last run for me. As much as I love that game, it's starting to show its age a bit. Hacking machines and researching splicers gets old quickly now and seems like a chore. Not being able to dual wield weapons and plasmids is really dated and cumbersome. The final boss fight is also a bit of a letdown. These criticisms aside, it still gets a 10/10 in my book as the story and atmosphere is probably the best I've ever experienced in gaming.

BS2 is a great game too and I feel that it gets a bit too much criticism. It has the best gameplay overall of all three games IMO and make several quality of life improvements over the first one. The issue is that it lacks the same wonder and awe of the first game as you're never going to recapture the amazement that is the first time in Rapture. The story is not quite as good as the first, but again, I think it gets a bit of unfair criticism. The hubris and egoism from the first game is replaced by altruism and cult like religion...a logical step forward IMO.

Infinite though...I think it's the weakest of the three. It's pretty formulaic in ways the other games aren't....you do some long and at times drawn out story sequences and then fight waves of fairly uninteresting enemies. Rinse and repeat. The story is a bit of a mess as multi-dimension space-time continuum stories often are. I feel there is so much they could have done with a world in the sky but they just fell short of using the world in interesting ways. I almost forget that I'm actually in a floating world at times as the environment is so under-utilized. I find myself having to slog through this one a bit which was never the case with the other two. It's still a fun game, and better than 90% of games that are of a similar genre and design, but Rapture is by far king over Columbia, at least IMO.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to blow up the vending machines half the time, they annoyed the F outta me.

:laugh2:

PeteK

Reaction score
Just scored a pretty good deal on a Nintendo Switch with a ton of accessories for $300. He said all his games are digital though and he didn't think they could transfer since they are linked to his account.

Howard2k

Reaction score
Just scored a pretty good deal on a Nintendo Switch with a ton of accessories for $300. He said all his games are digital though and he didn't think they could transfer since they are linked to his account.

I've been considering a Switch. I am interested in Zelda but I have so many other games on the go too. Still, the lack of good quality PS5 content is a disappointment and I'm considering a used Switch.

I suspect he's right that you cannot transfer content.

The Nintendo King (@Kamen_Kaiju) will know for sure I bet. :D

rxbandit

Reaction score
That's correct, can't transfer digital nintendo switch games. They're forever tied to an account.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not huge into video games but I have an original Wii with Gamecube ports and I have been revisiting my adolescent favorite: Resident Evil.

I have the Wii reboot of the original and I use a Gamecube controller. I've been really enjoying it. Our Wii is a family device so I won't do it now but i have all the files to soft mod the Wii when the kids tire of it. I have a ton of game ISOs as well.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nintendo going all Apple on ya!

Agreed Howard, where tf are the PS5 games.?>

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been considering a Switch. I am interested in Zelda but I have so many other games on the go too. Still, the lack of good quality PS5 content is a disappointment and I'm considering a used Switch.

I suspect he's right that you cannot transfer content.

The Nintendo King (@Kamen_Kaiju) will know for sure I bet. :D
Fkn Ps5,.. they could've had it all! Lives Were Ruined!!

yeah the Switch is a lot of fun. Even though I've barely turned any of the Nintendos on in 2021... *sigh*

Howard2k

Reaction score

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
After not paying attention to the Witcher 3 game when it was first released, I finally began playing it when it was offered for free on PS Plus. Yennefer is one of the prettiest characters ever created in video games. Warning: NSFW.

Actually, the best thing I like about the game is GWENT. Not the romancing stuff, except for Sasha. I imagine playing Texas Hold Em with her at night.

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
So many people couldn't get a PS5 and tried to settle for a Nintendo Switch that now you can't even find a Nintendo Switch. :laugh2:
The situation is much worse than anyone could imagine. PS4 and PS4 Pros are sold out in the US. Sony really screwed up double time. Can you imagine the company making over 500 Million PS4 consoles and not being able to make more? Right now sellers are scalping USED PS4 Pro consoles on Ebay. Wtf has the world come to?

I got my Switch last Xmas when I sensed I might need an alternate console. Have not opened it yet, since I have a PS5 console and do not need an alternative, at the moment.

Howard2k

Reaction score
After not paying attention to the Witcher 3 game when it was first released, I finally began playing it when it was offered for free on PS Plus. Yennefer is one of the prettiest characters ever created in video games. Warning: NSFW.

Actually, the best thing I like about the game is GWENT. Not the romancing stuff, except for Sasha. I imagine playing Texas Hold Em with her at night.

Such a great game. One of my top 5 of all time.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you say that about every game. You're a game Who-Or

PeteK

Reaction score
Witcher 3 led to me binging the Netflix show, which led to me binging the book series. Sort of a backwards journey, but I enjoy the world built by the author

Howard2k

Reaction score
Witcher 3 led to me binging the Netflix show, which led to me binging the book series. Sort of a backwards journey, but I enjoy the world built by the author

As much as I loved the game I didn't really get into the show much. I do need to find some time to watch it and give it a fair shake.

Latest Threads