PeteK

Reaction score
I've enjoyed several of the games. I mean they are all kinds of reskins of the same game, bit there are some cool stories. I especially liked the Ezio trilogy

smk506

Reaction score
I like the old and new games pretty equally, but for different reasons, as they’re different game styles.

The old series had more unique locations, especially in II, being able to go in secret entrances to real buildings and find assassin tombs was particularly cool. It also felt really rewarding to actually have to gain some mastery of the controls in order to complete the (almost all optional) time trials.

The fighting had a bit of an edge in the sense that weapons were more limited and the benefits of any given kind (knife, sword, etc.) were pretty much limited to playing preference. There was less in the way of subtle differences making upgrading a no brainer, pick the strongest option and get back to playing kind of thing.

The new ones have a lot more content, but there’s lots of repetition in there too. From the go and fetch missions to the scenery, hope you like what’s there, cause that’s what you’re going to get. But,if you do like it, there is a LOT to do and see.

The fighting is also really good in the new ones, provided you enjoy character customization and upgrading. The controls are better and the move combos are pretty sweet.

I think it takes away a little bit though, especially in odyssey, to have so many choices for equipment. It looses a bit of spark getting a new weapon when 3/4 of the time they’re weaker than what you already have, and you get a new one seemingly every 10 minutes.

All in all though it’s a great series imo. @Crotch is the only person I think over heard who didn’t like black flag. That would be a good one to back and play.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I like the old and new games pretty equally, but for different reasons, as they’re different game styles.

The old series had more unique locations, especially in II, being able to go in secret entrances to real buildings and find assassin tombs was particularly cool. It also felt really rewarding to actually have to gain some mastery of the controls in order to complete the (almost all optional) time trials.

The fighting had a bit of an edge in the sense that weapons were more limited and the benefits of any given kind (knife, sword, etc.) were pretty much limited to playing preference. There was less in the way of subtle differences making upgrading a no brainer, pick the strongest option and get back to playing kind of thing.

The new ones have a lot more content, but there’s lots of repetition in there too. From the go and fetch missions to the scenery, hope you like what’s there, cause that’s what you’re going to get. But,if you do like it, there is a LOT to do and see.

The fighting is also really good in the new ones, provided you enjoy character customization and upgrading. The controls are better and the move combos are pretty sweet.

I think it takes away a little bit though, especially in odyssey, to have so many choices for equipment. It looses a bit of spark getting a new weapon when 3/4 of the time they’re weaker than what you already have, and you get a new one seemingly every 10 minutes.

All in all though it’s a great series imo. @Crotch is the only person I think over heard who didn’t like black flag. That would be a good one to back and play.
Yeah i tried Black Flag not too long ago and it didn’t grab me either. That’s the only AC game I’ve ever tried.

smk506

Reaction score
Yeah i tried Black Flag not too long ago and it didn’t grab me either. That’s the only AC game I’ve ever tried.
Yeeaaaaah, but you’re Canadian:rofl:. What do Canadians know from pirates?

Aside from the pirate pack at white spot anyway :naughty:

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm the captain now

PeteK

Reaction score
Yeeaaaaah, but you’re Canadian:rofl:. What do Canadians know from pirates?

Aside from the pirate pack at white spot anyway :naughty:
Aaargh! Pirate Doug be borrowing yer treasure if that's ok with you. :laugh2:

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Well, I actually caved and paid full price for a new game: AC Valhalla, because the buzz has been so very good. I'll report back later, but first impression as to weapons- WTF is it with videogames and Hollywood with those ridiculous gigantic double-bitted axes? Also... greatswords in the ninth century? Seriously?

Seven

Reaction score
congratz, i stayed up to midnight last night because i heard bestbuy was going to put some stock up. I heard wrong.
I logged on this morning @ 4:30am when I got up and there it was. I had no idea they were getting any stock. Just got lucky.

krauley

Reaction score
I logged on this morning @ 4:30am when I got up and there it was. I had no idea they were getting any stock. Just got lucky.
being lucky is better than being good, my dad used to tell me that but he was a drunk so not sure now lol. maybe you will take yours out of the box before a month goes by unlike @Crotch and play something on it.

if you have the psvr or are thinking of getting one make sure you grab the free adapter for the ps5 here https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/?smcid=other:en-us:blank:primary nav:msg-hardware:ps-vr

PeteK

Reaction score
I got 7 whole entire uninterrupted minutes to play PS4 this morning before my daughter woke up and sat next to me saying "I want to watch Paw Patrol" over and over. Probably the most I've played in weeks

Last edited:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got 7 whole entire uninterrupted minutes to play PS4 this morning before my daughter woke up and sat next to me saying "I want to watch Paw Patrol" over and over. Probably the most I've played in weeks
Them feels, i knows them

Latest Threads