Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2500 for the physical disk version with 2 controllers, headphones, charging unit, and Mile Morales Spiderman Game. :rofl:

I keep holding out that someone is that dumb before I open it to play PS4 games on lol.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet there's a negligible difference.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I bet there's a negligible difference.
more frames = better

why get an HD tv? because faster refresh rate = a nicer smoother moving image

same with games.

Ps5 Ghost of Tsushima is giving you (literally) twice the information in the same amount of time. 60fps instead of 30fps

PeteK

Reaction score
I think it gets harder to tell the difference once you get too much past 60 fps. I probably couldn't tell 100 from 300 honestly without trying pretty hard.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as seeing, its not al about the look, but the responsiveness from the videos I have watched. I'm a simple man. PS4 is more than I could have ever expected from a video game system. I grew up with circle vs square.

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident my responsiveness speed is not faster than 30 fps. :laugh2:

Howard2k

Reaction score
I'm pretty confident my responsiveness speed is not faster than 30 fps. :laugh2:

Here's a university study on the impact of 30FPS vs 60FPS. :laugh2:

Conclusion

We investigated participants' ability to select moving targets under several frame rate and latency conditions. This experiment confirms that low frame rates have a significant performance cost. This improves somewhat by increasing the frame rate (e.g., from 30 to 60 FPS). The negative impact of latency was also confirmed. Notably, in the lowest frame rate conditions, latency did not significantly affect performance. These results suggest that frame rate more strongly affects moving target selection than latency. These results provide further evidence of the importance of high frame rates. We thus suggest that game developers and enthusiasts alike adjust graphics settings to target a frame rate of at least 45 FPS.

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were already games like Uncharted and GOW that let you sacrifice resolution for extra FPS if I remember right. Its an option in the game.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm liking Assassins Creed Origins so much that I wonder if I missed out on anything. I'm sure I tried the first and maybe second one and didn't care for it but I'm wondering if I should go back and re-visit them.

Latest Threads