Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bounce back recoil on the rifle was awesome.

PeteK

Reaction score
I wonder what the battery life is on the PS5 controller? It's never been that great on the PS4. At least not on mine. Maybe 3-4 hours it seems. I pretty much have to charge it every time I play. Probably doesn't help that you can't turn off the giant fucking spot light on the top of the controller.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the battery life is on the PS5 controller? It's never been that great on the PS4. At least not on mine. Maybe 3-4 hours it seems. I pretty much have to charge it every time I play. Probably doesn't help that you can't turn off the giant fucking spot light on the top of the controller.
weird, I have two ps4 controllers and the battery life is really good

bilbarstow

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
weird, I have two ps4 controllers and the battery life is really good
as you know, I've had really "mixed" results with PS 4 controllers. I've since discovered that trying to charge them directly with a simple Micro USB cord, from a USB port or wall wart seems to cause these issues. I got an actual Charging Stand (which really shouldn't be any different ? ) has seemed to make ALL the difference. Un-scientific and apocryphal, but that has been my experience.

krauley

Reaction score
which time zone ? that might be the most important question.

ETA: never mind, I actually followed the link. 3:00 PM EST.
that gives roughly 20 hours to figure out how to d/l bot software and figure out how to use it to secure multiple ps5 :)

good luck

krauley

Reaction score
also for anyone interested and i hope its not to late but sony direct has a queue going for buying ps5s, i just got in so i doubt ill make it to the finish line before the dreaded OoS slaps me in the face.

i think its direct.sony.com or direct.playstation.com

PeteK

Reaction score
as you know, I've had really "mixed" results with PS 4 controllers. I've since discovered that trying to charge them directly with a simple Micro USB cord, from a USB port or wall wart seems to cause these issues. I got an actual Charging Stand (which really shouldn't be any different ? ) has seemed to make ALL the difference. Un-scientific and apocryphal, but that has been my experience.
Wait, so you got better battery life with a charging stand? I've only ever charged it with the cable plugged into the console

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I only ever used the charging stand that powers two controllers. I use one for a few days until it dies then i put it on the stand and use the other one and just rotate the two controllers

PeteK

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever gotten more than one session on a charge. I'm no marathon gamer either. 2-3 hours at most. Usually down to 1 bar by then

Howard2k

Reaction score
I charge off my PS4 and get great battery life. Easily can game 2-3 hours without even worrying about losing more than 1 bar.

This controller sat unused for maybe 18 months and has been in use for the last 6

PeteK

Reaction score
Maybe I just have a bad battery. Like I said this is an original launch PS4 so it's been used quite a bit

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only ever used the charging stand that powers two controllers. I use one for a few days until it dies then i put it on the stand and use the other one and just rotate the two controllers
I have the same 2 controller charging stand. I bought the one for the PS5 too.

Ed B

Reaction score
I have this. Never had a controller die. I've had some long sessions too. My PS4 is new, so it's probably not the best gauge.

Latest Threads