The value of this guitar?

Hihi445

Reaction score
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this question... I was wondering if anyone could help me get an estimated value of this guitar which I'm looking to sell. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Les Paul general pricing and values.

I currently own a Gibson Les Paul - Paul Landers signature guitar. For those who don't know, Paul Landers is the rhythm guitarist of the German band Rammstein. I bought it about 5 years ago in the UK second hand off ebay for £1200 ($1700), which I thought was maybe the MSRP considering the spec, yet have recently found an old news article about it which states the MSRP was $3499...o_O. I remember seeing an old Reveb ad about 4 years ago that had one sell used in average condition for £1700 ($2400). I also found a source stating there was only 5000 of these guitars ever made.

Apart from that there is very little to go off what this guitar is now worth, so now that i'm looking to sell (on ebay/reverb) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what price I should be asking for?

Some things maybe worth considering?

-Rare, and impossible to buy new. These things hardly ever show up on the second hand market.
-Rammstein have a huge fanbase that might make it more appealing to some guitarists who love the band (reason I bought it)
-In excellent condition
-Rather unique looking Les Paul
-Maybe none of the above really matter and it's not the sort of guitar that would gain or hold its value?

Here is the spec sheet: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-introduces-signature-les-paul-rammsteins-paul-landers
Here are some pics of the guitar.

D22A5479.jpg

D22A5463.jpg

D22A5458.jpg

f83e5de43cf75139e54e4f81065a1c27.jpg

Last edited:

LIFADR+96

Reaction score
Hello!!! :) Looks like I'm not the only owner of a Paul Landers Signature Gibson!!

These Les Pauls are extremely ultra rare, and to those wondering, that's no exaggeration. I myself spent 3-4 years trying to find this guitar, and eventually gave up after a while, then when another opportunity came about, it was ceased.

Really, if you asked me, this guitar is priceless, given I'm an avid Rammstein fan, and Paul being my hero. Also, being that it's so rare, I wouldn't sell it, because you never know when another one will pop up.

However, if you REALLY insist on selling this guitar, around $900 to $2600 USD would be a good range to go to. I give this price range because of the following reasons:

1. This range is generally where the guitar is sold at. Some dealerships and 3rd party sellers have sold this for a lot less or more of course, but most dealerships I've come into contact when trying to find this guitar have put this guitar up for sale at the price range I've suggested at the top.

2. I've heard mixed opinions about this guitar. While metal and Rammstein enthusiasts like myself find this to be the perfect guitar, there are some that aren't too keen on the lack of hardware on the guitar. It does have only 1 volume knob. Not to mention that is also has EMG 61, and 81 humbuckers. Perfect for a metal musician. Not so much for those who like subtle tones. Take it from me, playing this guitar, it has bone crushing tones that blew me away first time I played it. It's also a bit heavy. I believe it was weighed at 10 Lbs.

Either way, it'll make those looking for it very happy one is on the market, and will absolutely buy it. Not to mention how good it looks, and my goodness, seeing it in person for the first time I thought, "Gibson really outdid themselves with this guitar." I hope I was helpful in your question.

Happy Holidays!! :)

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope this is the right place to post this question... I was wondering if anyone could help me get an estimated value of this guitar which I'm looking to sell. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Les Paul general pricing and values.

I currently own a Gibson Les Paul - Paul Landers signature guitar. For those who don't know, Paul Landers is the rhythm guitarist of the German band Rammstein. I bought it about 5 years ago in the UK second hand off ebay for £1200 ($1700), which I thought was maybe the MSRP considering the spec, yet have recently found an old news article about it which states the MSRP was $3499...o_O. I remember seeing an old Reveb ad about 4 years ago that had one sell used in average condition for £1700 ($2400). I also found a source stating there was only 5000 of these guitars ever made.

Apart from that there is very little to go off what this guitar is now worth, so now that i'm looking to sell (on ebay/reverb) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what price I should be asking for?

Some things maybe worth considering?

-Rare, and impossible to buy new. These things hardly ever show up on the second hand market.
-Rammstein have a huge fanbase that might make it more appealing to some guitarists who love the band (reason I bought it)
-In excellent condition
-Rather unique looking Les Paul
-Maybe none of the above really matter and it's not the sort of guitar that would gain or hold its value?

Here is the spec sheet: https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson-introduces-signature-les-paul-rammsteins-paul-landers
Here are some pics of the guitar.

View attachment 537565
View attachment 537562

View attachment 537563

View attachment 537564
Maybe 500 were made.... 5000 seems like quite a bit to me for a "sig" model without "Slash's" name on it.

I like it it, it looks very cool..... but that volume knob is too close to my picking area....kinda like a Strat....no bueno for me.

Last edited:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
ive never seen one of these.price it high,you can always go lower later if you have to.if it is as mint as it appears ask MSRP...

Demon Dave

Reaction score
Congrats, the Paul Landers sign. Is one of my dream axe, I could sell all my guitars, to have one

moreles

Reaction score
I's a niche, not mainstream, instrument. Posting it for a week at a collector (= high) price should attract most active lookers and draw out any "must have" seekers. If traffic is minimal, and you need to move it, you'll have to drop the price until someone bites. It's simply not a mass-market instrument, and more of a like/dislike polarizing model.

Spyderg0d

Reaction score
It looks pretty. The knob does look really close, but it seems like a gigging bonus idea that might actually work out.

Curious idea really.

msalama

Reaction score
Certainly a niche instrument, but certainly a looker as well. I just wonder whether it's generic-Lestery versatile enough for all kinds of stuff, or just another nice-niche metal axe?

But yeah, I'd purchase one for $900 in a heartbeat, just for sheeits and giggles if nothing else.

Latest Threads