The Unofficial Official Anything Bacchus/Momose/Deviser Theory, Photo & ID Thread!

Roxy13

Reaction score
So all the 2012s had it for certain?

Then the blue one must be a 2011 and the plain top as well, and the honeyburst flame top is a 2012.

Eagle X

Reaction score
I'm quite confused with the 'reasonable price range' for Bacchus Classic Series BLP-STD. As I checked on Reverb the price varies from $676 to $1980 (USD).

They are all Clssic Series, all BLP-STD, all from Japanese sellers and all in good condition. But the prices are so different!!!

I got mine (p90 version) for slightly less than $1000 excluding shipping cost and customs. And I have completely no idea if I bought it too expensive or I paid the right price.

Additionally I thought the Classic Series ended in 2012 but why there is a 2015 model. That makes me so confused. Can someone please help?

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
This little guy is incoming.

bacchusjr.jpg

Roxy13

Reaction score
I sold an original series Classic recently. I wish I had pulled tthe pickups out of it. I emailed Bacchus to ask if they sell them separately and they said no.

So you would say the pickups won't need replacing?

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
So you would say the pickups won't need replacing?

I liked the ones I had. But I am not sure if they are still made the same as 10 years ago. It was hard to get any details from them. They just basically said that they don't make them available separate to the guitars. They had a bit of power to them so might not work if you are after a vintage early 50s sound.

I liked them way better than the stock pickups that came in my Ornetts. When I get back to Canada there are a few different winders I might try out.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I liked the ones I had. But I am not sure if they are still made the same as 10 years ago. It was hard to get any details from them. They just basically said that they don't make them available separate to the guitars. They had a bit of power to them so might not work if you are after a vintage early 50s sound.

This is true. I don't know for sure what year that guitar is as they are still making that model.

I should find out soon enough I guess if I like them or not.

GammyBird

Reaction score
I saw a pelam blue BLP-SP somewhere a couple of days ago for a decent price. Can't find the listing now, maybe somebody bought it.

Roxy13

Reaction score
It's stateside now so should be here later today or tomorrow. Pretty cold today so if it's today I might leave it sitting in the box for a few hours to acclimate. Yes, I know it's poly but I do it anyway to let the neck acclimate. Coming from Japan to Ohio can be shocking for some of them anyway and they need some time to adjust.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Finally got to inspect and spend some quality time with the new Special. It is in excellent condition except for the switch, which wants to spin around in a circle instead of select an individual pickup :rofl: I've never gotten one that does that before. So after I repair that I'll be able to get a good idea of what I think of the pickups.

As for the question I had about whether it fits properly in a normal LP case, not quite. The neck is at a different angle and to be properly supported it needs a towel under the back of the body. Just in case anyone wondered that same thing.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Fuck yeah! I didn't think were going to bother with that. Nice score!!!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Fuck yeah! I didn't think were going to bother with that. Nice score!!!

I wasn't, and then I woke up late and had less than 1 minute to log in and bid, and won it lol.

I am glad I got it though. Got some money for Christmas so I've replaced what I spent lol. I had like one lean week lol.

Latest Threads