The True Lifespan Of EV Batteries Will Surprise You

Olds442

Reaction score
i think that guy has 2 free roadsters coming. he probably doesn't have to worry about battery life ever.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
It's important that information be shared, and myths debunked if we're going to move forward.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The worst case scenario, that he downplays at the end, is the most likely scenario. Big lithium ion batteries are an important component of my business. Fortunately, we don't do EVs and we don't need all that motor-starting power. So, our expectations on battery life are 10+ years. If they degrade we can add a smaller module to the system to increase capacity to extend life and postpone pulling a 300lbs battery and dealing with repurposing or recycling it.

Olds442

Reaction score
It's important that information be shared, and myths debunked if we're going to move forward.
they just parrot the same BS FUD in every EV thread no matter how many times actual facts are posted. best of luck to you.

my neighbor parks next to me at Lowe's. they should have gotten the white interior with the blue.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
they just parrot the same BS FUD in every EV thread no matter how many times actual facts are posted. best of luck to you.
It's OK, Their lack of desire to learn new things doesn't harm me at all.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Let's wait a few years until there's some real-world data to play with? The FUD is at least counterbalanced by the pollyanish propaganda from the other side, and neither one is being objective or honest.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
OTOH, I'll give Tesla credit in one major regard- they look great. How long has it been since a US company made truly stylish, ooh-i-love-that cars? Not for decades.* But Teslas could almost be Italian, they're so sexy.

(Muscle-car lovers: muscle cars look brutally purposeful; that's not the same thing)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Imagine all those batteries in a giant landfill, somewhere in China, with all of our old computer "recyclables".

Saving the planet is gonna kill us all.