The totally subjective, opinion based, best woman singer/performer on the planet...

TheX

Don't look directly at edro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but even though it sounds like a woman, Journey was definitely not a woman.

Ahhh, Journey from the 5th album forward. People need to listen to the FIRST album.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Ahhh, Journey from the 5th album forward. People need to listen to the FIRST album.

Journey has had more versions than most other bands. The first album was one (and very cool), the second and third were another, then the Perry Rolle years (my favorite), then the Cain era, then they might as well been Toto.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Any love for Wendy?

635967717876325128-WendyOPicBUS-FistInAir.jpg
Caught them at the Malibu Beach Club. One of a kind.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I have to say one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to was Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. Just a great rock and roll show. Bonus having a super hot girl friend with me who looked awesome in leather.

TheX

Don't look directly at edro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Journey has had more versions than most other bands. The first album was one (and very cool), the second and third were another, then the Perry Rolle years (my favorite), then the Cain era, then they might as well been Toto.

I saw them play at Winterland a few times around the release of the first album. High school kid and it left the biggest impression on me. Watching them play Kahoutek, and Of A Lifetime...amazing. 2nd and 3rd albums were just as good actually...IMHO of course.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this kid....

She brings something back thats been missing from The more edgier stuff...

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
watch thier other stuff ... they are having a blast!

TheWelder

Reaction score
Going back to my earlier post, Linda Perry is the man, I mean woman. Not only did she possess one of the most powerful female voices, she's a great song writer and producer (admittedly, I don't listen to Pink, Christina Agullera or Miley Cirus - for whom she has written hits).

When I first heard this, back in '92 (IIRC), I thought here is the female Axl Rose. I thought that she would rule the female rock vocalists for a generations. Whether you like or dislike the song, her range and timbre is impressive. With the right song writers, bandmates and promoters...oh wait, that is why most great talents wash out.

I've always really liked this song, and it always reminds me of a really tight cover band I played in about 15 years ago. It was a rare CL Musicians Community success story where I responded to an ad looking for a guitarist. They sent me the set list about a week before the audition and 'What's Up?' along with some other really challenging vocal songs were on it. I was a bit skeptical for sure. Showed up to find the singer was a super hot and really cool and down to earth young blonde lady that could absolutely crush this song along with just about anything else you threw at her. Ended up playing with them for a year, lots of gigs with sizeable crowds (because of her). Good times for sure.

pnuggett

Reaction score
Well I don't really have a list but this singer wouldn't be on it. Just ok for me dog and wacky but I didn't even know she was still around. Now she's announcing retirement.

Sinead O’Connor announces retirement from music industry
“This is to announce my retirement from touring and from working in the record business,” O’Connor wrote. “I’ve gotten older and I’m tired.”

O’Connor continued: “So it’s time for me to hang up my nipple tassels, having truly given my all.”

The singer alleged that she was once “summoned” to the musician’s Hollywood mansion where she claims he “tried to beat me up”.

She also claimed she was prompted to “escape on foot in the middle of the night”, whereupon she says Prince “stalked her with his car, leapt out and chased her around the highway”.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I will say one of my favorites is...

Love her singing and the songs are different enough from the mainstream to make them interesting.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Well I don't really have a list but this singer wouldn't be on it. Just ok for me dog and wacky but I didn't even know she was still around. Now she's announcing retirement.

Sinead O’Connor announces retirement from music industry
“This is to announce my retirement from touring and from working in the record business,” O’Connor wrote. “I’ve gotten older and I’m tired.”

O’Connor continued: “So it’s time for me to hang up my nipple tassels, having truly given my all.”

The singer alleged that she was once “summoned” to the musician’s Hollywood mansion where she claims he “tried to beat me up”.

She also claimed she was prompted to “escape on foot in the middle of the night”, whereupon she says Prince “stalked her with his car, leapt out and chased her around the highway”.

Nutty as a fruit cake but that first album of hers was killer.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I’m also a Patti fan. I like when the women go to the fringe without going full Yoko.

Lena was pretty cool too.

Last edited:

Latest Threads