The Tone Wood Debate 2020

TheX

Why you mad, bro?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're going to nitpick a shitpost on a mikeythecat shitpost thread?
You need a hobby, Bill.
Aren't you nitpicking his nitpicking? And I just nitpicked yours.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
the real question is how well could the wood breathe?
i have no doubt that guitars sound different with different woods. i think we all knew that. lol
but can you really hear the differences in a band?

Brek

Reaction score
My guitar sounds different at 30 deg cel compared to 20 deg cel, it’s more Page like at 20 deg, I thinks that due to living in the U.K. like Jimmy does. You guys wil never get true Page tone ‘cos your country is too warm. It’s all to do with air density, the denser the air, the denser the tone.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
My guitar sounds different at 30 deg cel compared to 20 deg cel, it’s more Page like at 20 deg, I thinks that due to living in the U.K. like Jimmy does. You guys wil never get true Page tone ‘cos your country is too warm. It’s all to do with air density, the denser the air, the denser the tone.
What brand of batteries do you use in your effect pedals?

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I would say makes the whole thing kinda stupid (well not stupid but not a good representation) with the bridge, pick up and neck are in the same piece of wood on every different body wood.
Agreed.

Remember when all of Les Paul's guitars went on auction? He had a bunch of different (homemade) set ups for swapping pups and the like. Playing around with this stuff is great fun. I have always enjoyed it. He was seeking (I think) the ability to A/B pups with one static (i.e. not changing) signal chain from the strings to the recording media and only change the pups. This is sort of the reverse, keep the recording set up static, use the same strings and move the pups from guitar to guitar (no caddy, screw 'em in, solder them tight). After all of that, you need to listen to the recordings directly through neutral amps and monitors and not filtered through the internet and played on a laptop speaker...

Latest Threads