The Sun came out today... (Pic. heavy)

JimmyT

Reaction score
It was surprisingly sunny today, and seeing as this is England, and that happens here once every Thirty-Five years or so, I though I'd better take the opportunity to attempt some half decent Photos of my Guitars.

First off, here's my 04' Les Paul Classic:

DSC02522.jpg

The Camera (I'm assuming) makes the Cherry-Burst look unpleasantly "Clowny", but in person, the transition from Red to Yellow is far more subtle.

DSC02523.jpg

DSC02520.jpg

It's funny, that in direct sunlight, you can pretty clearly make out the grain in the wood on the front of the headstock (not sure if the picture shows it), I thought that they were painted solid Black.

Here's my newest addition, my Les Paul Standard Plus LTD Brimstone:

DSC02539.jpg

It's a good thing that I've finally got some good pictures of this thing up, As they've become fairly common on the on-line stores recently (Funny that, for a limited run, that as far as I can tell has been going since 2008), but all the stock pictures I've seen of them make them look bright Purplish-Pink, whereas they're actually quite good-looking in person.

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

Oh, what the hell! Here's my 08' Strat:

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

And finally, here's the whole family:

DSC02552.jpg

The only guitars that I use on a frequent basis are the two Les Pauls, the Strat, and the Freshman acoustic, the others were bought basically out of a combination of GAS and curiosity. Also there is a Telecaster that isn't shown here due to a trip to Granada in which it was totally killed by the humidity, so that's in the shed, between coats of primer.

cynic79

Reaction score
Those are all really nice looking, but I've got to say that I'm really digging that Pro Jet.

floyd84

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic :thumb: The Classic looks great with reflectors :D

JimmyT

Reaction score
Those are all really nice looking, but I've got to say that I'm really digging that Pro Jet.

Thanks, Yeah I bought that second hand as a project guitar, I've put a new Nut in it, but still need to adjust it, there is some minor glueing to be done to the top of neck, and I'm most likely going to replace it's standard Mini-Humbuckers with either the Seymour Duncan equivalent or P90s of some sort. But other than that, it is quite a nice guitar, it looks good and has a really fat, comfortable neck and I can't wait to get it into a playable condition.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
The Gretsch is sexy, the Classic is a rocker, the rest of the collection is superb as well, but the Standard Brimstone owns them all!!!:applause:

Enjoy the sun man!

(...said the guy from the Mediterranean:cool:)

JimmyT

Reaction score
The Gretsch is sexy, the Classic is a rocker, the rest of the collection is superb as well, but the Standard Brimstone owns them all!!!:applause:

Enjoy the sun man!

(...said the guy from the Mediterranean:cool:)

The Brimstone is a brilliant colour indeed. I still think the Classic has the edge though (I'm a bit of a traditionalist at heart), the Brimstone is just a bit too much of a departure to be my favourite. On a side note I'm thinking of adding a Bigsby to the Classic, does anyone have experience (or has anyone even tried yet) getting a Vibramate into the UK?

Big Red

Reaction score
Yeah, my bollocks were sweaty today as well! Back to the subject at hand though, nice pics - Brimstone is definitely a new one!

But your Classic wins the day for me, as my first LP was an '04 honeyburst Classic (with the yellow inlays!). I'm sure your's is not as clownbursty as it's coming up in the pics, I had the same problem trying to photograph my cherryburst Tokai Love Rock.

Nice collection!

Big Red

Reaction score
Oh, and I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem getting a Vibramate across here - if push comes to shove maybe one of our Stateside forum bro's could help you out?

JimmyT

Reaction score
I'll second that. That thing is beautiful.

Thanks, they're dirt cheap over here (I'm convinced that has a lot to do with Gibson's awful stock photos of the thing). I got mine from Anderton's music store in Guilford for £1700 (It's actually a Standard "Plus", Whatever that means), and it's £1800 for a normal Standard. Or, annoyingly enough, literally two days after the return policy expired, they came out on Thomann.de for £1400 (typical eh?), but they're really picky about Credit cards on that site, I was going to get a Honeyburst Traditional, and after trying unsuccessfully four times, with four different, own/friend's/relatives' Cards, I gave up and got the Brimstone from inside the UK.

Tangerine

Reaction score
Nice pics and beautiful family, I really like the Brimstone, almost bought one myself off ebay a few months back.

WillieG

Reaction score
Could not resist putting up my pride & joy here as well. The sun came out and I sat outside on the porch replacing the burstbuckers with Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion in the bridge and Seymour Duncan '59 PAF in the neck. Polished as well!

blackbetty10.jpg

Plugged ino my JCM900 SL-X it is a r&r machine gun! :dude:

Texas Joe

Reaction score
Love the Gretsch.... I personally want a Silver Jet, but some how always end up buying another Les Paul

Latest Threads