The Star Wars thread with theory, spoilers, and speculations. warned, you are.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
kylo ren holding kenobis green lightsaber?

...green lightsaber?

Yeah, Obi Wan only ever had a BLue Lightsaber. Luke had a green, after losing Anakin's Blue, given to him by Obi Wan, along with his hand in Empire Strikes Back.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I also think that her being Luke's long-lost daughter would be a little ridiculous and stupid, it would require a lot of explanation of Luke's backstory, it would need introducing a brand new character (her mother) who audience members are not likely to have any emotional tie to, etc. I think there's maybe a 5% chance that she's Luke's daughter.

Why ridicules and stupid? He blames himself for Kylo and the Jedi rebellion at his new Jedi Academy (scenes shown in Ep 7). In fact, it bothers him so much, he exiles himself. His faith in his ability to teach force strong people is weakened, as is who knows what.

Introducing new characters happens all the time in this series. What if her mother is someone Luke really wanted to keep her from, while he got his jedi mind in order? Say, a certain New Order Captain.

If not her, if there is ONE thing obvious, current owners of the franchise want the strong female thing. So introducing another female character seems actually likely.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
OK she can't be Han and Leias. The old canon isn't being used anymore. If it was they had 3 kids. Twins and a boy named Anikin. Luke did have a kid by the old ways. Disney has change everything up. So what you knew is no longer what you know.

I have heard a theories she could be and Skywalker/Kenobi. Even a Plapatine. People are really reaching for something they hope for. Hell even a reincarnation of Vader.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kenobi had a girlfriend in SW Rebels.

he was all. ...

jLn0Rx6.jpg

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kenobi had a girlfriend in SW Rebels.

he was all. ...

Still possible a grand or great grand daughter of Obi Wan. It would be some symmetry, Ben trained Luke initially, Luke trains Rey.

Luke is still my leading candidate, with Obi Wan descendant #2.

According to Actress that plays Rey, BOTH parents were introduced in Ep 7, though not introduced AS her parents. Luke and Phasma?

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Isn't that, Kylo? He worships Vader, is a descendent.

No.... He worships Grandpa Vader.

I've seen a lot of theories. Too many really. I feel she's Luke's daughter. I'm using the force here.:laugh2:

Plus they have said it's always been a story about the Skywalkers.

cybermgk

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
heh, clone of Luke is a girl.

"but uncle Beeeen, i wanted to ride into towwwn!"

hahaha

Phasma and Luke, that's interesting

Bytor1958

Reaction score
This guy say this. This guy says that. I'm not following anymore theories...LOL

I'm just going to wait.

These is not the theories you're looking for.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And, then, how does neither Han or Leia recognize her? Leia, specially, being force sensitive, and formerly 'knew' Luke was her brother.

The first thing I want to point out is that this isn't a mystery that can be solved with evidence or facts. This is not a criminal case where there are real pieces of evidence left behind at a crime scene that can potentially lead to the real perpetrator. It's just Hollywood.

They purposely made every one of these possibilities plausible in the first film! Which required some care, they don't want a flat-out logical contradiction (at least, not a huge one) when the reveal finally happens somewhere in the next two films. They purposely put multiple clues/red herrings in so that we will all discuss things and so that excitement and word-of-mouth for the next films grows.

So there's not really a logical argument that can be made to "prove" that Rey is whoever's kid, frankly, and looking at small things like whether or not Leia recognized her own daughter (who may have been taken from her right at birth) doesn't make or break any particular theory. Hollywood will just gloss it all over and get on with it. In fact, the fact that Leia doesn't give a clue is, to me, a HUGE clue that Leia is the mother! Hollywood wants you thinking it's someone else, so that the big reveal will be more surprising. Like the "No. I am your father!" line.

Again I feel that it makes by far the most artistic sense for her to be Kylo's twin, and this is a creative work of art, not an actual, factual story. A distant second place, in my mind, is that she's Luke's daughter.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think the artistic merits are of alternatives. Good storytelling is whatever is more meaningful, emotionally impactful, politically satirical, whatever the point of that particular piece of art.

When I'm right this winter, I'm totally resurrecting this thread ;)!

P.s. By the way, neither Luke nor Leia gave any indication that they knew that they were siblings, that slight sexual tension was part of the story in Episodes 4 and 5 (Leia kisses Luke to make Han jealous, for instance). There's definite precedent for them not noticing family members--at least not until after the fact, when Leia says "Somehow, I've always known." But she sure as hell didn't seem to know until that moment!

PeteK

Reaction score
The prophecy was for one to bring balance to the force. Whoever her parents are, 1 is jedi and 1 is sith

Olds442

Reaction score
So Olds, Rey closes her eyes before fighting = must be a Kenobi? That's kind of a stretch, isn't it?

that would be a huge stretch, but it's not what i wrote. it's only one of quite a few parallels between Obi-Wan and Rey. did you not read what i wrote?
According to Actress that plays Rey, BOTH parents were introduced in Ep 7, though not introduced AS her parents. Luke and Phasma?
Actually that's not true. JJ said that her parents were not in E7.

she is quoted saying the following.

"I thought a lot was answered in The Force Awakens," she told Time Out.

"Then after the screening I went for a drink with my agent and everyone, and we were chatting away and I realised that oh, in their minds it's not answered at all!"

so to her it should have been obvious. :dunno:

the only force ghost she heard talk to her in her vision, was Obi-Wan's.
the fight sequencing is the same, the handing the saber to luke, a lot of parallels to Obi-Wan in E4. that's kind of the theme of E7, a E4 redeaux.

i mean, he was alone on Tatooine for decades with a cantina bar and some strange, it happens.

kherman

Reaction score
This guy thinks Rey IS Luke and Phasma's daughter, and that Phasma is Ben Kenobi's daughter, thus Rey is TWO Jedi bloodlines.

https://moviepilot.com/posts/3914622

the-skywalker-family-tree.jpg

?= Dutchess Satine Kryze.
Mandalorian (like Jango and Boba)(a warring race)
Would also explain Captain Phasma.
Clone wars has been tying things into Rebels which has been tying things into episodes 4 thru 7.

edf34b51d3e067fa2893e7cf2f8b5ad2.jpg

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You guys are a little too nerdy for me, and I think you're all falling for the ruse: looking for clues when they've really just purposefully fed you red herrings.

Blues4U

Reaction score
Like I said last year, Rey is a Kenobi, not a Skywalker.

The Skywalkers have all proven to be weak, quitters per se. Kenobi was always strong, always Pure Jedi.

The Weak Skywalker trait continued with the Skywalker/Solo line.

Rey is a descendant of a true Jedi, a jedi that was never weak, never faltered, a Kenobi.

Take it to the bank--

Dilver

Reaction score
What's with the Captain Phasma angle some of you are working? She's such a non character in the movie and shows ZERO force abilities. You totally could have had the movie without her... Captain Phasma = Lame. The stormtrooper who says "Deserter!" with the big electric stick thing was way cooler.

Latest Threads