- Mar 17, 2009
- Reaction score
I am guilty of long trousers. But you try finding a perfect fitting pair of brown sweatpants!
I get a lot of clothes when people die so.....I'm good.
A definition of fashion might be "a small group, inventing rules to decide who is in or out of the group, mainly so they can exclude the majority of people, and feel superior to them".
Interestingly, the same definition might be applied to facism...
I've got no time for either of them.
Plus I don't need fashion - I'm married, my wife dresses me.
And if you are talking to REAL men about dress shirts, you don't illustrate your point by showing a lilac shirt (or is that lavender, or violaceous?).
The only true 7 rules of dressing for real men are:
1. Try to wear clean clothes
2. No gut or butt showing eva
3. No 3/4 pants if you are past 30 years old
4. If you are out of the house, wear footwear (unless you are at the beach)
5. Hi Viz is not appropriate for social occasions
6. If you are fat, wear clothes that mask it, not emphasis it (buttons should NEVER look under stress)
7. Trousers should never be tight around your calves (superheroes are exempt from this rule).