The Selfie Stick

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
What?!?!

I graduated in the 80s. Never saw a whiteboard in any classroom I was in.
I never saw a white board in school either, I would have graduated in 82 and all we had was chalk

Reactions: Who

PeteK

Reaction score
What?!?!

I graduated in the 80s. Never saw a whiteboard in any classroom I was in.
I graduated in 2000, so was in school in the 80's and 90's. Maybe Arizona was way ahead of their time? I doubt it since I lived in a small town and we still used overhead projectors that looked like they were from the 60's. Even in grade school in the late 80's, it was all marker boards at my school.

Reactions: Who

defcrew

Reaction score
Hmm. I've never heard it called that. I have one in my toolbox. I used it when I put new vinyl floor in my basement. Snapped some chalk lines.

Regardless, chalk boards or chalk boxes, I didn't really understand what either had to do with this thread. :dunno:
It was tongue in cheek but basically riffing on clever and useful but simple inventions. Somebody made bank coming up with the first or best selfy stick and while I don't have one I do see the benefit in some taking, say, vacation photos with one. Plenty of times when I was on vacation somewhere we would ask a stranger or a stranger would ask us to take a picture of their fam in front of whatever. We're all vain. I record songs I write. It's not remarkably different if you think about it. People taking dozens of pictures of themselves until they get just the right consciously nonchalant pose to put at the top of their FB page is a little dif but, you know, whatever. Couple days back I took my new puppy to thelocal state park to the waterfalls and two college girls were taking turns photgraphing each other in their bikinis in front of it--dry, wet, chest up, back turned looking over the shoulder. It was funny and inarguably vain but I gotta say maybe if i looked that good I'd be snapping myself!:laugh2:

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't have a selfie stick, nor do I like to use the camera in my phone. I am quite proficient in taking a selfie with a real camera, as shown in my avatar << Canon 6D & 24-105mm @ 24mm. Not easy to hold and shoot at arm's length with the camera turned around backwards, but it's a skill I've acquired.