The Richrath Burst

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
For sale at Lucky Fret. No affiliation.

IMG_0588.jpg

rogue3

Reaction score
I believe that was the one on the back cover of the 70's REO Speedwagon double live album,"You Get What You Play For"? The top pattern looks very close, though the colors on the album cover are slightly skewed,lol.Just curious,Anyone?

Wyatt Earp

Banned
Reaction score
It's called a Les Paul "Sunburst", not a Les Paul "Burst". Just sayin...

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
As I understand it, Richrath never actually owned that guitar. A guitarist I used to do monitors for (who was, like Gary, from Peoria, and knew all the parties) told me that when Richrath replaced Bill "Duke Tumato" Fiorio as guitarist for REO, he didn't have a decent ax for his first tour. He went to the guy who taught my friend to play and said "Let me take your Les Paul on this tour, and I'll pay you for it when I get back>"

Never paid.

And as an aside, Duke told me that when he quit, he agreed to hang around to teach the new guy his parts; it took him 6 months.

I make no assurances as to the veracity of these claims - but I do consider both sources to be highly reliable.

refin

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He actually owned a few bursts and other LPs....

Attachments

• GR.jpg
    GR.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 316

landguitar

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea who bought this and for how much? Clearly not all-original and maybe questionable provenance, but also clearly a nice burst with some affiliation to a well known and loved rock guitarist. I always liked he and REO. I doubt it took anyone 6 months to teach Gary anything.

Latest Threads