The Resurrection of a 1979 Les Paul Standard

metalmike222

Reaction score
One of my oldest friends was recently given a 1979 Les Paul Standard that was BEAT. He had a full resto-mod done and it's pretty killer now. Since I have a guitar related YouTube channel, he asked me to make a video with it, so since it was a Norlin, I thought it might be appreciated here...

Deftone

Reaction score
I love EVH and I love Noriln LP's but IMHO the EVH stripe finish does not belong on an LP. Too each his own, though. Rock on.

metalmike222

Reaction score
Well, EVH did occasionally play a Les Paul. I wouldn't have gone with that finish on it personally, but it's still an awesome guitar to play. He was originally going to go with something along these lines when he first got it, but then EVH passed away, so he decided to go with the stripes.

1643235059724.png

IGRocker

Reaction score
I can dig it. You can tell that the Super Distortion is more optimized for gain than the pickups in the Trad, but as you said, the differences are slight and in the mix it’s not noticeable.

metalmike222

Reaction score
In hindsight I feel like I should have played a little on the neck pickup as well, but I'll try and throw that into the next video! :)

AJK1

Reaction score
Would have looked better done in the original black and white paintjob that incidentally EVH copied after seeing a Punk Band in LA and the guitarist had a LP done in the same way, EVH went home and did the same to his Strat
There is a photo of the LP somewhere and if I find it I’ll post it here

Latest Threads