The raccoons are riding feral hogs into battle against the opossums! The mainstream media will not cover this!

Roxy13

Reaction score
My puppy "Dude", is a canine piss machine. It's been a while since I house trained a puppy and boy is he making me glad I have tile floors
Mine still is! And she poos in stages every morning. Instead of one big pile she has to make at least 7 small ones. We are out there every 20 minutes. I call her Miss Poops-a-lot.

Olds442

Reaction score
Quoted for Truth! :laugh2:

The guys I know who aim to harvest meat off feral swine are likewise absolutely loco! :laugh2:

One is this guy, Fred, who has two Florida Cracker Cur dogs-- mean as shit, both of 'em-- and then a gigantic APBT named Snowball... and they all work as a team.

Fred goes out there with a .44 Magnum revolver strapped to his ass, but almost never uses it unless a dog is wounded beyond repair... or the hog is wounded beyond repair.

But what's in his hands are a net and a machete. He simply follows the cur dogs as they sniff around looking for a hog, and once they sound off the pit bull (who usually stays right at his side until it's hog time) will tear off to grab the hog by the leg or snout (or whatever).

Snowball is a very smart pit bull. Once in a while he'll actually injure the hog they're trying to capture, but usually he just holds the hog until Fred runs up and nets the big bastard.

And then Fred (who is a big bastard himself) will drag that hog, sometimes for miles, load him up into the truck and then it's off to the pen for Mr. Piggy, who will be fattened, sweetened... and for all I know, will also have his balls cut off!

Fred has been torn up pretty good by hogs over the years. He's all stitchy-looking, especially his arms, and he even had a chunk of his little finger bitten off. Fucking hogs are tough customers, man...

The other guy I know who hunts hogs for meat is a deputy sheriff I used to serve with named Larry. And just like Fred, he's one crazy S.O.B.

But it's not just a Florida thing! One night I was talking to @sonar1, who lives in California, and without my prompting him, he began to talk about a buddy of his in California who is an avid hog hunter, who tends to go after the suckers with a big knife or something, like the Hawaiians used to do in the old days... :laugh2:

Something about those wild hogs that brings the crazy out of certain guys, I guess. :p

Me, I'm all mild and tame. Last feral hog I dealt with came in to tear up my landlady's veggie garden, and I popped him with a .270 Winchester from about 100 yards away.

I am NOT walking up to a pissed-off razorback with just a knife and a net in my hand, and never mind those dogs... after looking at Fred's collection of hog hunting scars I realize: I'd have to be very damned hungry to eat feral pig to begin with... but probably close to starving before I'd ever jump something like that with just a knife in my hand.

--R
a former coworker that did IT at one of the companies i worked for 10 years ago was a former marine who used to "paint targets". they'd drop him in an area to watch a camp to see who was the leader and/or biggest gun. once he surmised that which in some cases took several days, they'd call the strike and he's put the laser on whatever was about to receive the incoming. i believe he was in Somalia mostly with those missions. great guy though, would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.

him and his buddies would go to texas and help out ranchers with wild hog problems for two weeks a year as a "vacation". he was one of those "rambo jump out of a tree with a knife" type, or so he said. i believed him. i actually never doubted a word the man said.

and i have one of those southern cur dogs, she'd go after anything loose if she could. fearless dog, she's gotten plenty of unsuspecting wildlife just in our back yard. man how the gal of the house screams when she gets a squirrel, it's hilarious to watch.

sonar1

Reaction score
Daughter-in-law has a mastiff, and four other dogs, one is a big sweet pit bull.
When I go over there they all rush me like their favorite invader.

The mastiff barges in and gets the first stritch, always. And will often kick the other dogs out of the way to get to me when I sit down.

What a pack. Not a full brain between them, but it’s always a love harvest. The mastiff is female, but Alpha just the same.

B0EE446A-CCC0-48A9-ACCF-932755FB92E0.jpeg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Raccoons seem like they'd be really cool pets, we always had them around our house growing up, some of them got really big too. Was always told to stay away from them though because rabies and they can be vicious.

I remember reading you had to get them like 5 generations removed from the wild for it to be a pet though. Not sure if that's true or just one of those things I heard growing up.

They seem like really neat animals though.

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Raccoons seem like they'd be really cool pets, we always had them around our house growing up, some of them got really big too. Was always told to stay away from them though because rabies and they can be vicious.

I remember reading you had to get them like 5 generations removed from the wild for it to be a pet though. Not sure if that's true or just one of those things I heard growing up.

They seem like really neat animals though.
If you wanted one it would probably be best to get one from a breeder and definitel have it spayed or neutered. Males in particular can be awfully mean and aggressive once they hit puberty.

They will also steal anything of yours that they like, especially shiny, metal things. One year I had one constantly stealing all my horse grooming items including the bottles of shampoo and brushes. Everyday I had to climb up into the hay loft to retrieve them all.

Roxy13

Reaction score

They're all so fat. :rofl: :laugh2:
Wow, I never let any touch me. For a few years I had several that lived here and would wait out on the front porch for me lol. But, I made sure they understood that I was hands off. But, it was hilarious if someone would come over. They would call me on their phone to say there are 10 raccoons on your porch! You need to come out here and get me!

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's only a matter of time before the beavers turn on us.

Latest Threads