The raccoons are riding feral hogs into battle against the opossums! The mainstream media will not cover this!

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking a big ass hog can be a multiple win…. Drag its ass out in the middle of a big field. Then bring out the long range flat shooter, and slay some coyotes over the hog carcass….

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They usually cut the balls off too. The guys I know that hog hunt for meat are fucking insane
Quoted for Truth! :laugh2:

The guys I know who aim to harvest meat off feral swine are likewise absolutely loco! :laugh2:

One is this guy, Fred, who has two Florida Cracker Cur dogs-- mean as shit, both of 'em-- and then a gigantic APBT named Snowball... and they all work as a team.

Fred goes out there with a .44 Magnum revolver strapped to his ass, but almost never uses it unless a dog is wounded beyond repair... or the hog is wounded beyond repair.

But what's in his hands are a net and a machete. He simply follows the cur dogs as they sniff around looking for a hog, and once they sound off the pit bull (who usually stays right at his side until it's hog time) will tear off to grab the hog by the leg or snout (or whatever).

Snowball is a very smart pit bull. Once in a while he'll actually injure the hog they're trying to capture, but usually he just holds the hog until Fred runs up and nets the big bastard.

And then Fred (who is a big bastard himself) will drag that hog, sometimes for miles, load him up into the truck and then it's off to the pen for Mr. Piggy, who will be fattened, sweetened... and for all I know, will also have his balls cut off!

Fred has been torn up pretty good by hogs over the years. He's all stitchy-looking, especially his arms, and he even had a chunk of his little finger bitten off. Fucking hogs are tough customers, man...

The other guy I know who hunts hogs for meat is a deputy sheriff I used to serve with named Larry. And just like Fred, he's one crazy S.O.B.

But it's not just a Florida thing! One night I was talking to @sonar1, who lives in California, and without my prompting him, he began to talk about a buddy of his in California who is an avid hog hunter, who tends to go after the suckers with a big knife or something, like the Hawaiians used to do in the old days... :laugh2:

Something about those wild hogs that brings the crazy out of certain guys, I guess. :p

Me, I'm all mild and tame. Last feral hog I dealt with came in to tear up my landlady's veggie garden, and I popped him with a .270 Winchester from about 100 yards away.

I am NOT walking up to a pissed-off razorback with just a knife and a net in my hand, and never mind those dogs... after looking at Fred's collection of hog hunting scars I realize: I'd have to be very damned hungry to eat feral pig to begin with... but probably close to starving before I'd ever jump something like that with just a knife in my hand.

--R

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

LOL

Here was the artist's conception for the Military Armadillo conceived of as part of the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer album, Tarkus:

tarkus.jpg

The creature the armadillo is fighting is a manticore... that is, a mythological beast conceived of by the Persians. The manticore was said to have the tail of a scorpion and the body of a lion... sometimes with a human face.

Such a cool graphic. I've saved it for years, waiting for the right moment to post it here...

--R :)

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
One of my hog hunting friends has a huge scar on his forearm from where he went after a big boar with only a knife because it was hurting one of his hog-dogs. He didn't want to risk shooting the dog. The boar tore him up pretty good before the dogs got it off of him. His dogs are all pit bulls and mean as hell too. You could lay a gold brick in his front yard and no one would try to take it, those bastards terrify everyone, including me lol. I'm not usually afraid of dogs but those fuckers will eat your ass up.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The guys I know who aim to harvest meat off feral swine are likewise absolutely loco! :laugh2:

One is this guy, Fred, who has two Florida Cracker Cur dogs-- mean as shit, both of 'em-- and then a gigantic APBT named Snowball... and they all work as a team.

Fred goes out there with a .44 Magnum revolver strapped to his ass, but almost never uses it unless a dog is wounded beyond repair... or the hog is wounded beyond repair.

But what's in his hands are a net and a machete. He simply follows the cur dogs as they sniff around looking for a hog, and once they sound off the pit bull (who usually stays right at his side until it's hog time) will tear off to grab the hog by the leg or snout (or whatever).

Snowball is a very smart pit bull. Once in a while he'll actually injure the hog they're trying to capture, but usually he just holds the hog until Fred runs up and nets the big bastard.

And then Fred (who is a big bastard himself) will drag that hog, sometimes for miles, load him up into the truck and then it's off to the pen for Mr. Piggy, who will be fattened, sweetened... and for all I know, will also have his balls cut off!

Fred has been torn up pretty good by hogs over the years. He's all stitchy-looking, especially his arms, and he even had a chunk of his little finger bitten off. Fucking hogs are tough customers, man...

The other guy I know who hunts hogs for meat is a deputy sheriff I used to serve with named Larry. And just like Fred, he's one crazy S.O.B.

But it's not just a Florida thing! One night I was talking to @sonar1, who lives in California, and without my prompting him, he began to talk about a buddy of his in California who is an avid hog hunter, who tends to go after the suckers with a big knife or something, like the Hawaiians used to do in the old days... :laugh2:

Something about those wild hogs that brings the crazy out of certain guys, I guess. :p

Me, I'm all mild and tame. Last feral hog I dealt with came in to tear up my landlady's veggie garden, and I popped him with a .270 Winchester from about 100 yards away.

I am NOT walking up to a pissed-off razorback with just a knife and a net in my hand, and never mind those dogs... after looking at Fred's collection of hog hunting scars I realize: I'd have to be very damned hungry to eat feral pig to begin with... but probably close to starving before I'd ever jump something like that with just a knife in my hand.

--R

FL rednecks are as badass if not more badass than most southern redneck badasses... With the warmer climate down there year round, there are more critters around that want to kill you....maybe not to the extent of that mythical land down under you have to go through a wormhole to get to as everything even the smallest big eyed mouse wants to kill you...it can't but it wants to.... I wouldn't go my dumb ass into the 'Glades areas especially even at gunpoint... PLENTY to eat in the 'Glades so everything is well fed which equates to big and lots of em... I am sure there have to be critters in the wilderness down there that few folks know about, much less seen....

Snakes in FL that eat deer and gators... Think on that a bit... Oh hell naw.... 15' PLUS pythons and shit... Hell naw.

Eastern Diamondbacks get big down here where it's warm most of the year....I've seen heads like my fist.... but DAYUM..... Think about this much pure ass muscle hitting yo ass....

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

Here was the artist's conception for the Military Armadillo conceived of as part of the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer album, Tarkus:

View attachment 542804

The creature the armadillo is fighting is a manticore... that is, a mythological beast conceived of by the Persians. The manticore was said to have the tail of a scorpion and the body of a lion... sometimes with a human face.

Such a cool graphic. I've saved it for years, waiting for the right moment to post it here...

--R :)

"From the fiery depths of the planet's core
The never sleeping for won't of eating unholy stench of the manticore. "

sonar1

Reaction score

… One night I was talking to @sonar1, who lives in California, and without my prompting him, he began to talk about a buddy of his in California who is an avid hog hunter, who tends to go after the suckers with a big knife or something, like the Hawaiians used to do in the old days... :laugh2:

--R
Tim’s a good friend. Knife wasn’t all that big.
Dogs would hold the pig while he whittled his way into its heart. Up to his elbow.

He shot one with a bow lately. Smokes it for jerky. Adrenaline junky. Good shot. Some Indian blood.

six-string

Reaction score
we used to get raccoons using the culverts under the driveways as sleeping quarters or hideouts. well i decided i had enough of the little troublemakers breaking into my trash and making a mess. so i had some left over fireworks- nothing too dangerous- mostly bright flashes and maybe a loud bang! well i tossed a couple lit ones into the culverts one night and that solved the problem. the raccoons bolted out the other end and ran screaming for their lives! never came back.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I'm a Mastiff guy myself. I've owned several and just got an English Mastiff puppy the other day
That's awesome!

Mine turned 9 in March so I guess she's an old girl now. The funny part is that the breeder sold her to me as a pet because she was smaller than normal coming into a year old. But, she was a late bloomer I guess and turned out bigger than her multi champion mother. She doubled in size between 1 and 3 years old.

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
That's awesome!

Mine turned 9 in March so I guess she's an old girl now. The funny part is that the breeder sold her to me as a pet because she was smaller than normal coming into a year old. But, she was a late bloomer I guess and turned out bigger than her multi champion mother. She doubled in size between 1 and 3 years old.
My puppy "Dude", is a canine piss machine. It's been a while since I house trained a puppy and boy is he making me glad I have tile floors

Latest Threads