The Questionable Link Between Saturated Fat and Heart Disease

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Wine, but that's quibbling, isn't it? :laugh2:

Sadly, I rarely buy red wine for home because DGF gets migraines. Not really going to finish a bottle alone and my senses of smell and taste and too sharp to enjoy a re-corked bottle. Even those wine-saver type of things don't help.

I do buy port, though. :)

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Me too. Trouble is I haven't been to the gym in years. :laugh2:

Maybe you'll die a few years sooner than you might have otherwise, but dammit...you enjoyed the time you did have.

Life. That's how it's done. :applause:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I rarely buy red wine for home because DGF gets migraines. Not really going to finish a bottle alone and my senses of smell and taste and too sharp to enjoy a re-corked bottle. Even those wine-saver type of things don't help.

Shit, I just drank a bottle. :laugh2:

Contemplating another...

PeteK

Reaction score

Doctors say a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Wine bottles are made of glass. :thumb:

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Our bodies require adequate amounts of fat, in order to digest protein. That is one reason to avoid low fat diets. Our bodies need good fats like butter and meat fat to function. But as the saying goes, moderation is important.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our bodies require adequate amounts of fat, in order to digest protein. That is one reason to avoid low fat diets. Our bodies need good fats like butter and meat fat to function. But as the saying goes, moderation is important.

Some of us, by virtue of genetic disposition, literally need to eat meat and animal fat in order to be healthy. :shock:

Human Biological Adaptability: Nutritional Adaptation

I'm 1/4 Native American on my maternal line. Mi'kmaq. I tried vegetarian for 3 years back in my 20s. Did it right. Ended up Anemic. Within 3 weeks of eating red meat, my body recovered.

I'd probably be even better off if I could tolerate fish, but I just can't. One too many bad fishsticks as a kid. :(

EDIT: Just an aside, but it's astonishing how many Americans have some Native genes, and therefore it doesn't surprise me that we eat as we do, for better and worse.

parts

Reaction score
Man does not live on meat alone..

We must balance our meals..

Lasagna and the other basic foods are key to a healthy man diet..
lasagna.jpg

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Some of us, by virtue of genetic disposition, literally need to eat meat and animal fat in order to be healthy. :shock:

Human Biological Adaptability: Nutritional Adaptation

I'm 1/4 Native American on my maternal line. Mi'kmaq. I tried vegetarian for 3 years back in my 20s. Did it right. Ended up Anemic. Within 3 weeks of eating red meat, my body recovered.

I'd probably be even better off if I could tolerate fish, but I just can't. One too many bad fishsticks as a kid. :(

EDIT: Just an aside, but it's astonishing how many Americans have some Native genes, and therefore it doesn't surprise me that we eat as we do, for better and worse.

Yep. Nothing like tearing into a big juicy hot off the bbq steak. Nothing.

Ok, well maybe lamb chops. Wait, was that lamb chops hot off the bbq....darn I'm hungry now. Lookit whatchoo done did. :cool::hmm:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mmmmmm. Lamb. I always forget that one. :applause:

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Mmmmmm. Lamb. I always forget that one. :applause:

I just butchered one up not to long ago. Dressed out at almost 60 lbs of meat. Mmmmm. Sadly, the meat is not lasting very long. Lamb is one of our favorite staples around here.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just butchered one up not to long ago. Dressed out at almost 60 lbs of meat. Mmmmm. Sadly, the meat is not lasting very long. Lamb is one of our favorite staples around here.

Seriously? You live in Southern California, and you're butchering fresh meat?

What's a guy gotta do to get an invite for dinner at your place? :wave:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
I've only eaten lamb once, I didn't care for it...maybe it was prepared wrong. I think I'll have to try it again.

parts

Reaction score
I went to a great restaurant..they had a lobster tank..where you could pick YOUR lobster..

Being on the road..and per diem..and music BS..
I "required" them to bring me lambs so I may chose my dinner..
I think the Cognac and Coke was contributing to my demeanor..

The lamb was excellent..

They chose well..

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've only eaten lamb once, I didn't care for it...maybe it was prepared wrong. I think I'll have to try it again.

Yes, try again.

I'm making an assumption here...you're from Texas, you love steak. A well-marinated, AND rubbed!...lambchop will do the trick.

If the cook gets it right, you'll never look at sheep the same way again. :shock::laugh2:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I went to a great restaurant..they had a lobster tank..where you could pick YOUR lobster..

Being on the road..and per diem..and music BS..
I "required" them to bring me lambs so I may chose my dinner..
I think the Cognac and Coke was contributing to my demeanor..

The lamb was excellent..

They chose well..

Yeah...

Full of shit is something I generally leave to the crawdad crowd. :slash:

Latest Threads