The quest for the Holy Grail hath endeth!

Alan

Reaction score
Nah.. haven't been able to afford one yet... have played many and think you might really like it. I have never had a hard time finding one to demo, but I'm in the middle of NYC (office is actually on 48th St... yeah, I get a ton of work done... :naughty: ).

And see if you can find one used... I see them around for about $1100... or 50% off... :thumb:
That's just what I need to do: demo lots of different set-ups with my new LP.

I've been looking closely at the Splawns and the Orange amps. Really nice sounds from that little Tiny Terror and the 1x12 cabinet.

Alan

Reaction score
sweet. that acoustic is gorgeous!
Thanks! I think I got lucky on that one and got a nice piece of wood.
From what I understand after researching the wood a bit, bubinga is used primarily in cabinetwork, paneling, knife handles, and furniture as well as used in making harps.

Apparently the trees grow in the Cameroons, Gabon, Zaire, and the Ivory Coast. I believe it's also called African Rosewood.

Bluzboy66

Reaction score
I think it was too long and no one wants to take the time to read something like that. I think most people just want to see pictures. What you see now in my original posting is the Cliff Notes version! Ha!
(It was a pretty good story, huh?)

Oh...BTW...more pix. This time, without the pickguard:

and
I purchased an '04 Classic goldtop that had been somewhat abused (got it CHEAP), so I decided to refinish it to the proper 'Old Gold' with bronze powdered nitro. Should be finished within a couple of weeks........I'll post some pics. So far, it's a knock-out. Still need to spray the clear topcoats. I'm a sucker for a purdy goldtop.

Mike

Hackubus

Reaction score
Very nice GT, but I could get lost staring at the back of that acoustic.

Alan

Reaction score
Very nice GT, but I could get lost staring at the back of that acoustic.
Thanks!
The acoustic has some nice "depth" to it, know what I mean? Hard to describe.

Latest Threads