The quest for the Holy Grail hath endeth!

Alan

Reaction score
Short and sweet version:
2007 Classic Goldtop
Pictures below!

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
that must be some guitar...! :eek2:

nice job... now cough 'em up... :photos:

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
Hey! :wtf:

Where'd the epic tale of guitar aquisition go?!

:(

Nice axe!

Alan

Reaction score
Hey! :wtf:

Where'd the epic tale of guitar aquisition go?!

:(

Nice axe!

I think it was too long and no one wants to take the time to read something like that. I think most people just want to see pictures. What you see now in my original posting is the Cliff Notes version! Ha!
(It was a pretty good story, huh?)

Oh...BTW...more pix. This time, without the pickguard:

and

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
Eh, not a contender for the Great American Novel, but it had style... a little 'Dungeons & Dragons' sort of style maybe, but you gave it a shot. I liked that. :cheers:

That's a seriously hot guitar.. you swapping the pups for something alnico?

Alan

Reaction score
Eh, not a contender for the Great American Novel, but it had style... a little 'Dungeons & Dragons' sort of style maybe, but you gave it a shot. I liked that. :cheers:

That's a seriously hot guitar.. you swapping the pups for something alnico?
Ha-ha! Yeah, I just sort of went with it and put it together in a few minutes. Sort of like just crap coming out of my brain...so I had my fingers follow along and put it on paper. :rofl:

Thanks for the compliment, though. In all seriousness, the guitar really had been put in a back room. The guy looked it up on the computer and said it was a lay-away...with no money down on it. :wtf:

How can you have a lay-away with no money down???

Anyway, he spoke with the store manager and he said, hey...if the other guy didn't put any money down on it...it was fair game.

I can't even begin to tell you how perfect this guitar is setup already. I can't imagine it came from the factory like this, but if it did, WOW! I asked the guy to put new Ernie Ball Slinky 10s on it and it really came alive. I plucked on it for a bit, handed it back to the guy and told him I'd take it!

I've looked for a long time for a guitar like this. I knew I wanted either a Goldtop or a Honeyburst, but the Goldtop has always been my favorite. I wasn't going to let it get away.

Forgot to answer your question! D'oh!
I'm going to play it as-is for now. Not really sure when/if I'll get around to swapping the pups. I'll take my time on that. I put some Van Zandt "Blues" pups in my Strat. Sakes alive those are some nice pups!

Alan

Reaction score
What are the stock pups?
Neck is a 496R and the bridge is a 500T.

The dang thing just sounds phenomenal through my little practice amps! I am really pleased. I have a Vox DA5 hooked with a MicroCube using a splitter so they run in stereo. Each little amp has its own little settings tweaked in such a way that the combination is incredible when I plug in the LP.

bluesguy

Reaction score
If I am like most others, I love to see photos of owners guitars. They seem more unique than those in magazines or hanging with tags in stores. To think that someone was attracted to that particular axe, and decided to make it their own. You all know the feeling! Thanks for the photos.:hippie:

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I have a 500T bridge and a BurstBucker pro in the neck on my Epi classic, I really like the 500T a lot, it gets a bad rap on a lot of message boards, but it was exactly what I was looking for. It screams bloody murder if you want it to, and pairs up very nicely with the BB. Congrats on the guitar, and I also much prefer user pics, with adequete lighting and a semi decent camera, its pretty easy to take some great shots, "professional" shots are usually way over processed, with mine, all I do is crop and if needed rotate, and thats it.

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
... I really like the 500T a lot, it gets a bad rap on a lot of message boards, but it was exactly what I was looking for. It screams bloody murder if you want it to...
Yeah, I think that's about the only thing it does... I had one in my 335 studio... good for pedals or BREWTAL GAIN (how can you have BREWTAL LIXX without BREWTAL GAIN???) but doesn't fatten up all that nice for the clean tones...

Iceman0124

Reaction score
By its self I dont care much for it clean, but its sounds fantastic in the mid postion dimed, you still get the bite of the 500,but the oozing warmth of the BBpro is VERY prominent. I even like it better tham my custom warriors Tapped Pearly Gates and full Seth Lover combo, which had been my fave clean tone for many many years.

Alan

Reaction score
I love goldtops. Nice score!
Thanks! I appreciate that.
I've really lusted after a goldtop for quite some time but never ran across the right one...until now.

Now the only hard decision will be to research which way I'm gonna go as far as amplification is concerned. So many options!

Orange?
Splawn?
Marshall?
Fender?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Too many choices! :shock:

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate that.
I've really lusted after a goldtop for quite some time but never ran across the right one...until now.

Now the only hard decision will be to research which way I'm gonna go as far as amplification is concerned. So many options!

Orange?
Splawn?
Marshall?
Fender?

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Too many choices! :shock:

:thumb:

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Love the back on that acoustic Alan!!!

jmf

Banned
Reaction score
Ooooooooh! :applause:
Is that what you have? Which model is that?
Live in Texas? I'd love to hear that thing!
Nah.. haven't been able to afford one yet... have played many and think you might really like it. I have never had a hard time finding one to demo, but I'm in the middle of NYC (office is actually on 48th St... yeah, I get a ton of work done... :naughty: ).

And see if you can find one used... I see them around for about $1100... or 50% off... :thumb:

Alan

Reaction score
Love the back on that acoustic Alan!!!
Yeah, isn't that something?

It's a Dean Exotica Bubinga. It's got a solid spruce top, bubinga sides and back, mahog neck, Grover tuners, with built-in EQ/presence/tuner. Great playing and sounding acoustic/electric. I was very pleased when I played it.

I hadn't considered getting a Dean acoustic but I'm glad I kept an open mind and picked it up to give it a whirl!

Latest Threads