The Process

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
No, not the cult.

The Process of CREATION.

You may hear people or WORSE-yourself saying,

"Well is dry-----need a break-----ZERO THE HERO

What a lark-the ego it takes to state that the world is bereft of inspiration.

Once VHS tapes came out and I could see the "patterns" guitarists were making-it started to click.

Most Rhythm-thanks to River- I think it was THE GREAT RIVER-who taught me R-helps-Your -two-hips-Move---Rhythm

I use EVERY-ANGEL-DEVIL-GOD-Believes Evil-----EADGBE-----

OK, back to R guitar. Most ROCK guys play ALOT of barres.

Lead?-guys go up high on the neck-12 fret and up and give HUGE bends every 11 notes.

You want to write a song-hammer out some barres- go to the thinner strings ----weeeddllee deedddle

Play your "new" song for 20 minutes-it will embed..

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Once you've written 8 songs- put them in a correct ALBUM sequence-no singles here-they come later ep= 4-6 songs
Pick a name for the album
Choose what effects+amps+guitars to use
Now, it may take you decades to get them out there-still they NEVER die

Example

My NEW album-"The Sun is a Ghost"-after only 18 months in the making due to BAD air will be done come October-ANALOG reel-reel sound

This album is already "old" to me- I need a "quickie" album for the new year-NO PROBLEM-already written

DADDY DUST<ep>
1. Velveteen Inc- spacey loop I made in 2010-April 30-1969 Ampeg VT 22+2000AMSTD Tele+moogerfooger
2. Clones- from 1993- never recorded-fits Sci-Fy theme- I'm going to use 74 Lp Custom+ 1958 Silvertone 1391 amp+ MXR Variac Fuzz+ JHS Crayon
3. Thought Police- from CRAPPY comeback in 2007-we recorded it -tinny drums-BOOOOOO- deserves rebirth - Asheton V+Hamer Goldie +Supro amp + Park FUZZ
4.Cicada Sam- 2016- completed loop- Mascis Jazzmaster+ Silvertone 1949 1304 amp+ Meteore' verb+ Beetronics Royal Jelly
5. Dealn-completed loop from 2016- 2006 Lp Special +Silvertone 1304+ BBE Sonic Stomp+Earthquaker Transmissor+ Dan echo
6. DADDY DUST- written last year during SUPER LOCKDOWN- I was WAY HIGH- I wanted to write my DOPESMOKER- I did
15+ minutes+ spoken word++++++++
I will use 86 SG + Mascis Jazz for main parts- with FUZZ after FUZZ layered- Hoof FUZZ+Park FUZZ+Bling FUZZ+Carcosa FUZZ+ Hell, maybe MXR Submachine in my future-through Silvertone 1391

Spoken part-my fave-just me on clean guitar - I used Burroughs "cut up " method on Burroughs himself -got this

4 finger diary+
where I was housed++
Tucked+++
Transferred++++

John was about to ask?

Coloured ice-----
0r-----------
Chewing gum

I am invested

SSSPPPLLLIIICCEEE YYYOOOUURRRSSSEELLFF

Who did me in?
Intelligence..................

this will be Strat+Yammy SSC500 through Silvertone 1391 and BIG BOX DX Memory Man+ EP Compressor+ maybe more swirly

I'm going to record this loop later- it will be perfect- I know the sounds

then

the MONEY shot

Back to SG-Two chord vamp OVER +OVER with "subliminal talking"

6 minutes worth- 2 solos-

See DADDY DUST is almost done

I go into studio in Jan with 4 of the songs/movements DONE

Crank up trio for Clones+Thought+Daddy Dust main parts

Have Chris play some "dubbed" stunt guitar

I have the cover already done-my old heater got replaced-Ugly beast from 1953- I took ART photos of the inside- WEIRD IMAGES-RUST NEVER DOES SLEEP.......

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

See how easy this is? Just keep chooglin-create ART every week-stockpile it-----Cripes- I think I got a new idea for an album while writing this post......

Doubt creates voids....NEVER Doubt. I made these vids when I had NO BAND-NO CHANCE.....didn't stop me.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
^^^ I like your table lamp... :thumb:

Vintage vibe! Perfect to create inspiration! :dude:

Your positive attitude inspires me.

My motto has become that each day, I can become more Fezz like.

Not give some much a crap about my limited abilities and the opinions of naysayers.

Just go out and have FUN!!! That's what music is supposed to be about, right? :dunno:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
^^^ I like your table lamp... :thumb:

Vintage vibe! Perfect to create inspiration! :dude:

Your positive attitude inspires me.

My motto has become that each day, I can become more Fezz like.

Not give some much a crap about my limited abilities and the opinions of naysayers.

Just go out and have FUN!!! That's what music is supposed to be about, right? :dunno:
Darrell-FUN is the key. Why bother if it's not fun? That was in our old "haunted" apartment=BAD JU JU---now, I'm in a house- I'm RICH-everybody wants BIG things? Give me a little house filled with ART+BOOKS+GUITARS.....a fireplace! I used to write off years---Not my year....WHAT! eat every minute- luckily I was 'invaded" by positive ENERGY---so now-no wasted time- riding this into the oblivion. Supro Black Magick KICKS ass+my Page dragon straight in-----yes, it is HUGe tone-not the loudest but really cuts through.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Darrell-FUN is the key. Why bother if it's not fun? That was in our old "haunted" apartment=BAD JU JU---now, I'm in a house- I'm RICH-everybody wants BIG things? Give me a little house filled with ART+BOOKS+GUITARS.....a fireplace! I used to write off years---Not my year....WHAT! eat every minute- luckily I was 'invaded" by positive ENERGY---so now-no wasted time- riding this into the oblivian. Supro Black Magick KICKS ass+my Page dragon straight in-----yes, it is HUGe tone-not the loudest but really cuts through.
You know the old saying ' if we could bottle your energy...' :laugh2:

Better than any of that energy drink crap!

You remember the man cave? it's vital to have the space to create.

I don't have one for music and I'm stymied. Always keep couting your blessings. They're all that matter .

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Two SOLID hours-stacking FUZZ really happy with Big Box Memory Man - no bypass , nice rich organic boost pushing Park FUZZ+Hoof FUZZ+Transmissor=unholy EarthQuaker trio. Used 2004 Candy tang Strat----then SG same pedals-HUGE SOUND- probably use these two+Yammy SSC500- I like to get that on every record-Yammy was a steal at $225. Loop #99 on flash-FULL- I have virgin card ready to put into JamMan. I LOVe 2021- easy home recording-plotting tones which can take over the world in a small room- then you can HYPE it on the MACHINE......

I'll keep working this ----endless variations- then on recording day -go totally different-it happens----now the loops are GOLDEN-push play mic up my amp.

I guess enough ART for one day, probably watch Prince of Darkness-watched the Reurn of the Fly last night-HOLY HELL!~FANTASTIC!
1628900725934.png

I may need to do a ROCK Opera about bugs- I have Spider+Cicada+Dobsunfly+ The Green Bug.
The Green Bug steals Phillies Pitcher-Wayne Twitchell's Corvette....erases his memory-----Wayne takes a taxi to the game ---1973-Wayne tells Steve Carlton

"I dreamt I was a Green Bug"

Carlton shrugs----"Yes, the inside of the outside....

Then----a bunch of capers happen-funny stuff.
1628901079621.png

Latest Threads