The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

danlunatic

Reaction score
I've used FedEx a bunch and have never had that problem before. They shouldn't even be looking at this stuff anymore. My guess is the high value caused them to flag it.
I would do
Separate shipments and make sure From Japan used the correct harmonized code for electric guitars, they just guess if they don't know.
Always try to keep the total under 2500 if you can.

addeamnell

Reaction score
I've used FedEx a bunch and have never had that problem before. They shouldn't even be looking at this stuff anymore. My guess is the high value caused them to flag it.
I would do
Separate shipments and make sure From Japan used the correct harmonized code for electric guitars, they just guess if they don't know.
Always try to keep the total under 2500 if you can.
The thing is that the total value of the shipment is $1915 so it’s really weird that it got taken. Normally they would just do a TSCA form For shipments under $2500. So this is really absurd to me…

danlunatic

Reaction score
The thing is that the total value of the shipment is $1915 so it’s really weird that it got taken. Normally they would just do a TSCA form For shipments under $2500. So this is really absurd to me…
Yeah this is crazy. Have you actually spoken with the FedEx agent handling the shipment?
Sometimes they can be helpful, they should at least be able to get you the right forms.

addeamnell

Reaction score
Yeah this is crazy. Have you actually spoken with the FedEx agent handling the shipment?
Sometimes they can be helpful, they should at least be able to get you the right forms.
I have. He’s a good guy. It’s not his fault. It’s the USDA inspector at customs that’s holding everything up.

zeneffect

Reaction score
No kidding. Considering a lean week to grab the bass. Do you see what you do? Stop listing awesome guitars at cut throat pricing please.

Seriously... that EG... about $180 shipping on a really good day EMS to west coast makes this what... $620 actual guitar cost? Why is this even still for sale? I'm digging through couch coushins trying to come up with a way to afford both.

zeneffect

Reaction score
Didn't grab the bass. :naughty:

If anyone is considering it, do the math. You will pull the trigger really damn quick

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am probably moving later this year in summer and I will only be able to keep a few guitars so here are is one of the collection up for sale to start.

Bacchus Duke Proto

Fairly fat neck with the usual Deviser quality. I learned from the previous owner that the pickguard is not original though it fits pretty well.
22.6 mm thick at 1st fret and 24.7 mm at 11th fret.

The Bacchus P-90 machine is sold, thanks!
Greco JB-500 up a few posts higher is still looking for a home. I can ship by sea where possible for 43,000 yen.
It may take so long to arrive that you forget you bought it when it arrives.

mdubya

Reaction score
If you have a P-90 Goldtop with nitro and a long neck tenon...

Or something in the '58 Explorer style...

:)

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
Want to Buy a set of Vintage Tokai double ring tuners for my 79 Tokai. I have 1 tuning peg that is weak and looking for a good set for spares.

Reaction score

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Two more to put up for now before going to Reverb.

SOLD Greco EG-75 (1995?)

This is a fine Fujigen-made Greco from 1995 as far as I can tell. It is a bit of a rare one for that time but the headstock "Greco" inlay style is 1990's and the serial number font matches what was used by Fujigen on Orvilles so 1995 is my best guess.
- 4.2 kg on my scale.
- Flame maple veneer top.
- DRY pickups (these were uncovered double blacks when I got them and I confirmed alnico mags)
- Fairly full neck profile
- Frets have very little wear.
- Very clean condition except for some buckle scratches on the
Thanks!

PICTURES HERE

Greco JB-500 Spacy Sound Bass 1980

This is a fine Fujigen-made Greco from 1980. It is a fairly easy guitar to sell locally here in Japan on Yahoo Auction but perhaps someone may be interested here.

- 4.0 kg on my scale.
- Sen ash body
- Fairly full neck profile
- Frets have very little wear.
- Small finish chip behind the neck (see photos(

Asking 55,000 yen, shipping to most places included where EMS is possible. It will ship with the neck detached to minimize shipping cost. Payment by Paypal or WISE money transfer.

PICTURES HERE

JB-500 Greco is now sold, thanks!

Latest Threads