The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It’s the usual flame maple veneer on a carved maple top. I’d have to guess 12 to 15 mm thick.

currypowder

Reaction score
MIJ Seventy Seven Albatross Single Cut - $2,000 shipped/paypal'd OBO How about $1,750

Seventy Seven is the brand name Deviser uses for their semi-hollow and hollow body guitars. Like other Deviser guitars, the models that are made in Japan are of the highest quality.

Over the past few years, Deviser has begun offering a Japan Tune Up series of Seventy Seven branded guitars that are made outside Japan, probably the Philippines or China. While I'm sure these are fine guitars, I prefer the Japanese made models.

This particular Seventy Seven Albatross is a little different than others you may see. They typical Albatross is a double cut, while this one is single. Other than that, it will be similarly appointed with a flat spruce top, semi-hollow construction, mahogany body and neck, ebony fretboard and low output Seventy Seven AL255 pickups, which I believe are Alnico 2.

Beyond the basic specs, I love the look of it with tortoise shell binding combined with herringbone on the body top, nice darkburst top lacquer finish and dark bronze/brass hardware.

There is a small finish issue near the top F hole. It's hard to see unless you get close, but I did try to capture it in a picture.

I would describe the condition as very good, only minimal light playwear and the frets show no visible wear. It plays very easily with fairly low action.

Weight is 6.7 pounds
Neck measurements are:

Width - 1.73" at the nut, 2.08" at the 12th fret
Depth - 0.90" at the nut, 0.97" at the 12th fret

Includes the original hard shell case.

Last edited:

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
That is a fine looking specimen. So what is the difference between a single cut 77 Stork and a 77 single cut Albatross ?? Storks are fulll hollow and Albatross' are semi-hollows ?

GLWYS

currypowder

Reaction score
That is a fine looking specimen. So what is the difference between a single cut 77 Stork and a 77 single cut Albatross ?? Storks are fulll hollow and Albatross' are semi-hollows ?

GLWYS
I think Storks are semi hollow as well. Most I have seen have a trapeze tailpiece vs the stop tail on the albatross. Other than that, I'm not seeing much difference.

This one is definitely an Albatross, it's noted as such in the body cavity.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Beautiful thing. Does the neck feel noticeably wider than the usual Gibson specs?
And, can you describe the tone? Woody, like my PRS Hollowbody Spruce was, or more 335-ish?

currypowder

Reaction score
Beautiful thing. Does the neck feel noticeably wider than the usual Gibson specs?
And, can you describe the tone? Woody, like my PRS Hollowbody Spruce was, or more 335-ish?
Personally, I think the neck feels great. I prefer necks that are a little wider at the nut. I'm sure there's a point when a neck might feel too wide, but this isn't it. It's comfortable and I don't really notice that it's slightly wider than usual.

I'm terrible at describing tone. It doesn't sound like a 335 to me, probably because of the smaller body. The pickups are fairly low output at 8.2 (bridge) & 8.0 (neck). To me it's a warmer tone that's not terribly bright, very easy on the ears.

I hope that helps.

RyanC

Reaction score
I've decided to move a couple of MIJ beauties. 1980 Tokai LS100 (Reverb link below) and a sunburst Realdeal® Superb 335 (pics coming) with the K&T pickups. DM me to discuss if you're interested.

Tokai LS100: Reverb link
Realdeal Superb 335 (more pics coming)
d373583529.1.jpg

Happy holidays, gents!

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
I've decided to move a couple of MIJ beauties. 1980 Tokai LS100 (Reverb link below) and a sunburst Realdeal® Superb 335 (pics coming) with the K&T pickups. DM me to discuss if you're interested.

Tokai LS100: Reverb link
Realdeal Superb 335 (more pics coming)
View attachment 574685
Happy holidays, gents!
I'm lucky to also have a Realdeal 335, though mine is blonde. It is truly superb, among the best I've had. If anyone has been looking for that one special and historically accurate 335, you should definitely reach out to @RyanC . There aren't many of these floating around.

currypowder

Reaction score
This was sold, but the buyer backed out.

$650 shipped. This is a ton of guitar for the price, IMO.

Back in the mid 2000's Edwards released a series of artist tribute guitars. To my knowledge, these were never official artist models, but it's typically pretty easy to tell which famous artist and guitar is being replicated.

This is a Keith Richards Micawber model, based on a 50's tele with a humbucker in the neck position.

I believe the body is ash and the neck is maple with a maple fretboard. I find the relicing to be tasteful without being over the top.

As are included with most Edwards guitars, the pickups are both Duncans and sound great together.

This particular guitar has had a few mods from the original, all done by previous owners:
  • Additional wear has been done on the spot on the upper bout near where the body meets the neck. You can see where more of the finish has been taken off.
  • The original serial number has been removed from the back of the headstock. You can look closely and see the light sanding marks.
  • An F decal has been applied to the front of the headstock.
  • While this guitar originally came with the locking tuners installed, it appears as if a different set of tuners may have been installed at some point as there is a small drill hole under the low E tuner.
  • A Fender brand ashtray bridge is installed.
Weight and neck specs are:

Weight - 8.0 pounds
Neck width - 1.67" at the nut, 2.06" at the 12th fret
Neck Depth - 0.85" at the nut, 0.91" at the 12th fret

Other than that, the guitar is in very good shape and plays well.

The original ESP branded gig bag is included.

More pics here - Edwards Tele

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I looked up your Seventy Seven Albatross on Reverb. There are none like it, and yours is also much nicer looking than any others, including the Exrubatos.. One of a kind.

currypowder

Reaction score
I looked up your Seventy Seven Albatross on Reverb. There are none like it, and yours is also much nicer looking than any others, including the Exrubatos.. One of a kind.
Thanks. I've only seen one other, and that one was natural. But yes, they are pretty uncommon in this configuration.

Congrats on the sale, Greg. I was surprised it was still here this morning.
If you're referring to the Albatross, it's not sold, still available.

Last edited:

jim777

Reaction score
That is a pretty rare Albatross, and a great looking guitar. If it's anything like my 'regular' Albatross, it's also super light weight. Someone will be very happy with it, no doubt!

Latest Threads