The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

calieng

Reaction score
There’s a few fellas in the neighborhood who can send you in the right direction.
Appreciate it. But looking for small builder USA made. You know - sweat from the brow on the headstock, ketchup stains on the maple from the cheeseburger drippings he was eating while working. French fry grease from his fingers in the rosewood board. You know made in the good ol' USA. None of the perfectly constructed MIJ stuff....it just looks too perfect.

:)

m5570

Reaction score
Yes but he made one fatal mistake. All Canadian builds are required to say Godin on the headstock not Gibson. It would never make it thru customs. Too bad.....

Seriously it does look like a nice interesting and unique guitar.
why are they required to say Godin?

currypowder

Reaction score
$2,200 Shipped/Paypal'd - Selling my Crews 50th Anniversary Key to the Rock Next 5D. This is the one that sent me down the Crews rabbit hole I loved it so much. I'll miss it, but since I have since found several other Crews, one needs to go. It punches so far above it's price point it's scary. This is truly a high end custom shop level instrument at a production level price.

Crews Key To The Rock models are exclusive to the Musicland Key store in Japan.

The KTR Next 5D is a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary model. 20 were made in total. It is nicely spec'd true to a '58 style Les Paul. The neck is fat and the frets are tall and thin.

The body is one piece mahogany and the mahogany used for the neck has been air dried for over 30 years. The solid maple top has a nice subtle flame to it and finished with a lovely antique tea burst.

Beyond the fact that the guitar is easy to play, it is equipped with a set of my favorite pickups, K&T NFS Weeps (ZB/WW). They have all of the spank and clarity that define a great set of low output PAF style humbuckers. FWIW, a set of these pickups sell new in Japan for around $1,400. I'm not going to argue that they are worth that, but they are in a class of their own, IMO.

Weight is 9.4 pounds.
Neck measurements are:

Width - 1.70" at the nut, 2.07" at the 12th fret
Depth - 0.89" at the nut, 0.98" at the 12th fret

More pics here - Crews Next 5D

Original Musicland Key Product Page - Crews Next 5D

Last edited:

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Tokai ES-150 got here this morning and it is honestly beyond my expectations. Biggest neck I’ve ever played on a Tokai. Straight neck, right at 8lbs., plays and sounds just killer! Very happy! Great seller!
I second. Ive had the pleasure of buying from Greg and his stuff is always amazing and always greatly priced. Had my eye on that Rockin' Reborn but how does the saying go? Too many guitars too little money? haha but I digress,Now time to break er' in! ;)

currypowder

Reaction score
Tokai ES-150 got here this morning and it is honestly beyond my expectations. Biggest neck I’ve ever played on a Tokai. Straight neck, right at 8lbs., plays and sounds just killer! Very happy! Great seller!
I second. Ive had the pleasure of buying from Greg and his stuff is always amazing and always greatly priced. Had my eye on that Rockin' Reborn but how does the saying go? Too many guitars too little money? haha but I digress,Now time to break er' in! ;)
Ah, you guys are going to make me blush!

Glad the ES made it to you safely, Mark. The neck is definitely to die for.

Mosster47

Reaction score
I had a Tokai SG that had a huge neck on it. I wish I would have hung onto it.

CivoLee

Reaction score
2005 Love Rock LS75GT

Has some cosmetic issues and non-original/missing parts, plus the pickup selector switch may need some adjusting but still works

10.2 lbs/4.63 kg

View attachment 564371 View attachment 564372 View attachment 564373 View attachment 564375 View attachment 564376

$1050 + shipping OBO, more pics available upon request

Listing here before Reverb because I really don't want to deal with fees or "it's not a Gibson" lowballers if I don't have to
Now on Reverb

currypowder

Reaction score
$2,200 Shipped/Paypal'd - Selling my Crews 50th Anniversary Key to the Rock Next 5D. This is the one that sent me down the Crews rabbit hole I loved it so much. I'll miss it, but since I have since found several other Crews, one needs to go. It punches so far above it's price point it's scary. This is truly a high end custom shop level instrument at a production level price.

The KTR Next 5D is a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary model. 20 were made in total. It is nicely spec'd true to a '58 style Les Paul. The neck is fat and the frets are tall and thin.

The body is one piece mahogany and the mahogany used for the neck has been air dried for over 30 years. The solid maple top has a nice subtle flame to it and finished with a lovely antique tea burst.

Beyond the fact that the guitar is easy to play, it is equipped with a set of my favorite pickups, K&T NFS Weeps (ZB/WW). They have all of the spank and clarity that define a great set of low output PAF style humbuckers. FWIW, a set of these pickups sell new in Japan for around $1,400. I'm not going to argue that they are worth that, but they are in a class of their own, IMO.

Weight is 9.4 pounds.
Neck measurements are:

Still available. I added a few more pics and additional information to the original posting.

I know we have a lot of discussion around here about what makes an outstanding single cut. I'm not one to hype a listing too much. But this one is one of the best that has passed through my hands. It is the whole package (for me anyway). Feels very much like a '58 reissue to me with a fairly fat neck, tall thin frets, and set up with nice low action. It's very resonant unplugged, but really shines amplified. I don't want to heap too much praise on the K&T Weeps, but the first time I heard them, it was like I had found it. I never really understood what the "tele on steroids" tone was until I played these. It ranks as the best single cut clean tone I have experienced.

So why am I selling? I'm a lucky guy. This guitar sent me down the Crews rabbit hole and that yielded a few other outstanding guitars. I can't say that any of them are "better' than this one, they are all outstanding. But the time has come to let at least one go, and this is it.

I believe that whoever ends up with this will be extremely pleased.

alainguitars

Reaction score
Greco 1989 EG-75 (3.6 kg!)

This is a 1989 Greco that is probably an EG-75 or thereabouts. It should have DRY pickups.
It weighs just 3.6 kg, so just shy of 8 lbs.
It has typical routing of a Terada of the period so I am guessing it came from that factory.
Frets just have some light wear. Electronics are original and working fine. Nut appears to have been changed.
It has some light scratches and a filled in extra strap pin hole at the end but is in fairly clean condition otherwise.
Neck is a 59 type of profile. Excellent sustain and resonance.

Asking 100,000 yen via paypal, shipping by EMS included. Comes well-packed with a decent gigbag.

Pictures here

Thanks!
specs please. Solid?, veneer? how many pieces for the back, type of wood. Thanks.

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The body is mahogany. The back is 2-piece with one large single piece combined with a 2 cm piece on the bass side. It has a flame maple veneer on top of a maple cap.

specs please. Solid?, veneer? how many pieces for the back, type of wood. Thanks.

currypowder

Reaction score

Weight is 9.4 pounds.
Neck measurements are:

On Hold

WatchGuy26

Reaction score
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster!
Looking to buy: An LP copy with P90's, preferably a Goldtop. Would really love something with a wraparound tailpiece ('54 style), but would be fine with the more standard bridge and tailpiece. Would consider a LPC with P90s or even a Special. Doesn't have to be MIJ, I'd consider MIK or MIC made instruments too. I'm in the USA, (Midwest) and looking to do a deal with a seller in the CONUS. Have plenty of references/positive feedback over on the TGP under the same user name. Let me know what you have and thanks!

Last edited:

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster!
Looking to buy: An LP copy with P90's, preferably a Goldtop. Would really love something with a wraparound tailpiece ('54 style), but would be fine with the more standard bridge and tailpiece. Would consider a LPC with P90s or even a Special. Doesn't have to be MIJ, I'd consider MIK or MIC made instruments too. I'm in the USA, (Midwest) and looking to do a deal with a seller in the CONUS. Have plenty of references/positive feedback over on the TGP under the same user name. Let me know what you have and thanks!
Currypowder had a link to a nice tokai in the mij deals thread. Looked like a winner for under 1k

WatchGuy26

Reaction score

Latest Threads