The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

calieng

Reaction score
Any small builder / luthier made singlecuts with accurate headstock logos coming up for sale? I would be interested.

MCT

Reaction score
I’m pondering letting go of my Pearly Gates Bobburst, if you’re interested. But seeing as how you recently sold one of your own, I’m guessing the answer may be no…

Last edited:

currypowder

Reaction score
2 Fantastic Tokais, one vintage, one recent.

Here's a link to my page with more info and pics on both of these, along with others I have listed here previously - Derby City Gear

1981 ES-150 in Cherry Red - $2,200

One of my all time favorite ES models. I've had a bunch, and this one has the best neck. I'm only selling as I finally found a blonde ES that fits me perfect. The only issue with this one is a nicely repaired headstock break. I opted not to have the repair area refinished as I didn't want to lose the originality of the cashew lacquer, serial number or model sticker.

2015 Rockin' LS-Reborn Plus - $2,200

This particular 2015 special run by the Rockin' store in Japan is outstanding. These had some nice specs, lightweight. 1-piece mahogany body, solid flame tope with some fantastic figuring and a lacquer finish. And of course, as all MIJ Tokais, were built to exacting standards.

Both still available. Make me a reasonable offer, I'm ready to find new homes for these Tokais

currypowder

Reaction score
Momose Tele - $1,450

This guitar sports an ash body with a natural finish and red pearl pickguard. I believe that the pickguard is a replacement as it came to me with a black pickguard as well (which will be included). Everything is original to the best of my knowledge and I believe the pickups are Momose Twang 50s which I like as a lower output tele pickups. It's in pretty good shape, though there is some playwear. Nothing through the finish, though. The frets have just a little wear, but nothing requiring any attention, IMO. Weight is 7.6 pounds. Neck is a 9.5" radius with what I would describe as a medium carve with the following measurements:

Width - 1.65" at the nut, 2.05" at the 12th fret
Depth - 0.84" at the nut, 0.95" at the 12th fret

Comes with a Momose branded tweed hard case.

Still available, let's drop the price to $1,200 OBO. This is a ton of Tele at that price, IMO.

currypowder

Reaction score

Here's a link to my page with more info and pics on both of these, along with others I have listed here previously - Derby City Gear

1981 ES-150 in Cherry Red - $2,200

One of my all time favorite ES models. I've had a bunch, and this one has the best neck. I'm only selling as I finally found a blonde ES that fits me perfect. The only issue with this one is a nicely repaired headstock break. I opted not to have the repair area refinished as I didn't want to lose the originality of the cashew lacquer, serial number or model sticker.

SOLD - 2015 Rockin' LS-Reborn Plus - $2,200 - SOLD

This particular 2015 special run by the Rockin' store in Japan is outstanding. These had some nice specs, lightweight. 1-piece mahogany body, solid flame tope with some fantastic figuring and a lacquer finish. And of course, as all MIJ Tokais, were built to exacting standards.

Rockin' Reborn is sold.

currypowder

Reaction score

1981 ES-150 in Cherry Red - $2,200 NOW $1,800

Price drop on the ES-150 to $1,800

Napa Mac

Reaction score
Any small builder / luthier made singlecuts with accurate headstock logos coming up for sale? I would be interested.
I might consider letting mine go. New member. Just posted a few pix. Let me know if you're interested.

currypowder

Reaction score

SOLD - 1981 ES-150 in Cherry Red - $2,200 NOW $1,800

ES150 Sold.

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
SOLD

Greco 1980 EGF-850 Super Real

This is an early Super Real from 1980 with the narrower headstock and with the green capacitors.
4.2 kg. Frets and jumbo and just have some light wear. Electronics are original and working fine.
As is seen with some of these early Super Real guitars, the veneer was loose on the bass side due to shrinkage when I got it but it has been re-guled with titebond and the gap filled in and covered with some nitro.
There was also a chip on the neck that has been filled in with nitro. There are some additional finish cracks around the neck joint that are just cosmetic. See photos.
Excellent sustain and resonance.

Pictures Here

Last edited:

calieng

Reaction score
I assume you saw Scott's latest. Gorgeous Burst from a super talented builder.
Yes but he made one fatal mistake. All Canadian builds are required to say Godin on the headstock not Gibson. It would never make it thru customs. Too bad.....

Seriously it does look like a nice interesting and unique guitar.

Last edited:

Latest Threads