The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

geekrobot

Reaction score
Hi again. Anyone got one of the old Greco Les Paul Deluxes with the Maxon mini humbuckers?

currypowder

Reaction score
As I expected, the Sonix GT sold rather quickly. Let's keep the party going.

I have a real love/hate relationship with strats. I have found it difficult over the years to bond with them. It wasn't until I stumbled upon one with a fat, soft V shaped neck that I started to really love them. That I was able to end up with 3 very similar strats that I love to play is nothing short of miraculous, for me anyway. But, I really want to have just one good 50s style strat, so I'm letting go of 2.

$1,500 NOW $1,200 - 1980 Greco SE-800 - Here we have a fantastic, vintage 50s style strat from the golden age of MIJ craftsmanship. The body appears to be alder to me, though I'm not 100% sure. The one-piece maple neck is nice and fat with a soft V shape that fits perfectly in my hand.

This is a 40 year old guitar and it has some superficial dings and marks here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary for a guitar of its age. But I would still describe it as in very good shape.

The neck and bridge pickups may not be original, they do look a little different than the middle pickup, which is more consistent with other Super Real SEs that I've seen. That being said, I find the tone in all three positions to be clean and clear, as expected for a 50s style strat.

Included is a period correct hard case. I do not know if it is the original case, but it certainly is consistent with other late 70s/early 80s MIJ hardcases I have seen.

More pics here - Greco SE-800

$1,300 Now $1,000 - Sonix Strat - This Sonix is built to a 50s style strat with some nice features. The body is 1-piece of gorgeous ash and the neck is 1-piece maple. The guitar has a lacquer finish. The neck shape is my absolute favorite feature. It is nice and thick with a soft V carve that just sits perfectly in my hand. The action is low and it plays almost effortlessly.

It is in very good condition with only light playwear. There are a few cosmetic issues (all pictured), a small straight line indentation near the upper bout, 2 finish cracks on both sides of the neck pocket and a small finish chip at the rear strap button..

Includes a vintage Fernandes branded hard case.

More pics here - Sonix Strat

Both still available. Prices are now $1,200 for the Greco and $1,000 for the Sonix.

Olds442

Reaction score
Made in Japan by ESP this is a shredder. Flatter radius like most of the shredders are but i have no real way to measure it. It's in very good shape considering the age. I know the original owner and he didn't play it very much. I got it a few years ago in a trade and thought I'd keep it forever but with the "current shit" going on I need to part with her.

7.58 lbs on an accurate luggage scale.

Maple neck, nice rosewood board, one of the tuners is missing the back - see image below. EMG Select pick up, stock wiring and pot. The body has light finish scratching on the back that would probably buff out, which are about impossible to capture in a pic. I'm sure it's a poly finish, since there's a lack of any dings or dents I don't think this one is basswood, it's probably alder is my guess.

I thought the trem has been changed, all the pics i see of these have a black trem, but this one also has chrome tuners so maybe not. I'm not sure how many were made, but one rumor said 20 units in total of each "monster".

It plays nice, could use a string change so I may get that done this week. Based on the condition and builder, I'd put the price at

$300 plus shipping to conus. No case or bag.

PXL_20210423_165613467 (2).jpg

PXL_20210423_172538582.jpg

PXL_20210423_165631479.jpg

PXL_20210423_165702229.jpg

3rd fret

PXL_20210423_165710293.jpg

PXL_20210423_165652710.jpg

Happy to ship internationally.

dean.PNG

Last edited:

free713

Reaction score
Momose mst1 std/nj in custom colour for sale
5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Wulfman helped me get a hold of this rare beauty when all proxy services were closed down during covid-19. Thanks again!! I would keep it, but I like huge necks and this is "only" medium on the chunky side, so it has to go. Damn I will miss looking at that seafoam green hotness :)

Anywy it's in really good condition a part from a minor dent and normal age related wear - see pics. Sounds and plays nothing short of amazing as you would expect from Momose. SN tells me it's pretty early maybe from around 2007. Ships in momose branded hardcase. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark so I can easily ship to other EU countries.

More pics

1.600 euro + shipping

currypowder

Reaction score
SOLD - Anyone in the US interested in an Edwards ALS-130 for $1,050 shipped? You know the deal, top of the line Edwards, all lacquer finish (no poly undercoat), non-relic model, Seth Lover pickups, quality electronics, great looking flame veneer top. Weighs 8.3 pounds. The top is in fantastic shape, but there are a couple of dings on the back of the headstock and a ding on the back corner of the body. A ton of guitar for the price, IMO). Includes the original ESP padded gig bag.

Edwards ALS is Sold.

currypowder

Reaction score
As I expected, the Sonix GT sold rather quickly. Let's keep the party going.

I have a real love/hate relationship with strats. I have found it difficult over the years to bond with them. It wasn't until I stumbled upon one with a fat, soft V shaped neck that I started to really love them. That I was able to end up with 3 very similar strats that I love to play is nothing short of miraculous, for me anyway. But, I really want to have just one good 50s style strat, so I'm letting go of 2.

$1,500 NOW $1,200 - 1980 Greco SE-800 - Here we have a fantastic, vintage 50s style strat from the golden age of MIJ craftsmanship. The body appears to be alder to me, though I'm not 100% sure. The one-piece maple neck is nice and fat with a soft V shape that fits perfectly in my hand.

This is a 40 year old guitar and it has some superficial dings and marks here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary for a guitar of its age. But I would still describe it as in very good shape.

The neck and bridge pickups may not be original, they do look a little different than the middle pickup, which is more consistent with other Super Real SEs that I've seen. That being said, I find the tone in all three positions to be clean and clear, as expected for a 50s style strat.

Included is a period correct hard case. I do not know if it is the original case, but it certainly is consistent with other late 70s/early 80s MIJ hardcases I have seen.

More pics here - Greco SE-800

$1,300 Now $1,000 - Sonix Strat - This Sonix is built to a 50s style strat with some nice features. The body is 1-piece of gorgeous ash and the neck is 1-piece maple. The guitar has a lacquer finish. The neck shape is my absolute favorite feature. It is nice and thick with a soft V carve that just sits perfectly in my hand. The action is low and it plays almost effortlessly.

It is in very good condition with only light playwear. There are a few cosmetic issues (all pictured), a small straight line indentation near the upper bout, 2 finish cracks on both sides of the neck pocket and a small finish chip at the rear strap button..

Includes a vintage Fernandes branded hard case.

More pics here - Sonix Strat

If anyone here is looking for a great 50s style strat with a fat, soft V neck that is super comfortable to play, you're going to have a tough time finding a better pair at any price. Both of these are among the best that have passed through my hands. Here are some measurements on each:

For the Greco

Weight is 7.5 pounds. The neck specs are:

Radius - 7.25"
Width - 1.66" at the nut, 1.98" at the 12th fret
Depth - .99" at the nut, 1.01" at the 12th fret

For the Sonix

Weight is 7.4 pounds. The neck specs are:

Radius - 9.5"
Width - 1.66" at the nut, 2.03" at the 12th fret
Depth - .93" at the nut, .98" at the 12th fret

Nick-O

Reaction score
WTB: Ibanez LP....refin goldtop with G headstock logo. I sold it and missed the chance to buy it back...hoping it is here in MLP....

currypowder

Reaction score
My collection has gotten a little out of hand, so I'll be letting a few special pieces go over the next few weeks. The first is my holy grail, a 1980 Greco Super Real EGF-1200. Searched for many months before stumbling onto it.

$4,000 net to me. Includes fully insured shipping. Price is firm.

I have owned and played many vintage "golden-age" MIJ Single Cut clones form 1979 - 1983, including costlier models. The Greco Super Real EGF-1200 is my favorite. It's built to replicate a 1958 burst and includes a nice fat neck, 2 piece mahogany body, 1 piece mahogany neck, Brazilian rosewood fretboard and a flame maple veneer over a solid maple cap. The frets are thin and tall like a true 58.

The pickups are the original Maxon DryZs which many believe to be among the best PAF type pickups ever made (outside of the originals). They were only manufactured from 1980 - 1982 and are exceedingly rare, as we all know.

While this is a 40 year old guitar, it is in very good shape with only mild play wear. Included is the original non-badge Super Real pink lined hard case. Also included is the original warranty card.

I've included a video link below. While it is not me nor is it this guitar, it is a good demonstration of how fantastic the DryZ pickups sound directly into a great rig.

This guitar is located in the US.

More pics here: https://derbycitygear.net/1980-greco-egf-1200

Latest Threads