The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

mono

Reaction score
Some Orville's had ebony but this is rosewood.

mono

Reaction score
His name is actually Patrick. It's really traditional.

jlee

Reaction score
Trade pending

‘82-84 ESP built Navigator SA120. Nitro finish, original pickups, Tonepros AVR-II, stock tailpiece and SKB hardcase. I believe it has been regretted. Given the wear on the guitar, the frets have little wear. Plays amazingly well. Sings up and down the neck.

Needs a new wiring harness. Ripped the old one out, tried to rewire it with new pots and gave up. Forgot how much I hate rewiring semis.

I will throw in some imperial sized black top hat knobs along with the original black bell knobs.

$1000 shipped/paypaled in the continental US.
Will also trade for a 80/90s Greco or Tokai SG, cherry, small guard with humbuckers.
4FC3AEC1-ABA4-474C-A0EC-721FB47C68BB.jpeg
EE2552C6-E467-486F-8402-4F6DFDAD825F.jpeg
88426F34-1CE6-4EEB-8C27-B14AE5E52A58.jpeg
01E4589C-307C-48D9-A56F-CFA5684B5517.jpeg
DF8CBD5D-7C4F-42FB-BAD9-E013BDE82073.jpeg
1090ECA1-F270-4CEA-948C-FFA7BB5C3D9E.jpeg

Last edited:

alainguitars

Reaction score
Up for sale again. 3rd times a charm...?

‘82-84 ESP built Navigator SA120. Nitro finish, original pickups, Tonepros AVR-II, stock tailpiece and SKB hardcase. I believe it has been regretted. Given the wear on the guitar, the frets have little wear. Plays amazingly well. Sings up and down the neck.

Needs a new wiring harness. Ripped the old one out, tried to rewire it with new pots and gave up. Forgot how much I hate rewiring semis.

I will throw in some imperial sized black top hat knobs along with the original black bell knobs.

$1000 shipped/paypaled in the continental US.
Will also trade for a 80/90s Greco or Tokai SG, cherry, small guard with humbuckers.
View attachment 493749 View attachment 493750 View attachment 493751 View attachment 493752 View attachment 493754 View attachment 493756
So is it functional at the moment or does it need a rewire first?

alainguitars

Reaction score
This has your name on it @Roxy13
yes, this is beyond my skills. I would put this up towards a trade once fixed. Greco SG, mint collection. Many upgrades, shielding paint added to control cavity, added ground, CTS 500k pots, orange drop caps, swithcraft jack and switch, montreux knobs and pointers, belden wiring, kc case. I also performed a painstaking level and crown. Only selling because I just purchased an Eastman SB59V and need to recoup some cash. I would call the condition very good. There is some "clouding" on the headstock. No major bumps or bruises. The wiring could be neater but works fine. Action is set very low, with truss rod adjusted very close to straight.

mono

Reaction score
Never tried it. Do you have to wire externally and move it all through the f hole as you go?

alainguitars

Reaction score
Never tried it. Do you have to wire externally and move it all through the f hole as you go?
Usually use fishingline to the old pots and reattach line to new pots when pulling them back in. Nothing there to begin with, I have no clue. I'm sure it's done.

jlee

Reaction score
Yes. Solder pickup leads to the pots/wiring harness while outside the body. Then the assembly needs to be dropped into the guitar via one of the f-holes. Jack first, then one pot at a time, being careful not to twist too much.

I don’t currently have a suitable place to do the work, otherwise I’d offer the guitar with a wired harness.

Nylon twine works the best. You cut lengths of twine and thread them through each control hole and through the f-hole before tying to the pots. That way you’re not trying to fish for the twine through the pot holes.
Hardest part is getting everything inside without twisting a wire off a switch or pot.

Roxy13

Reaction score
This has your name on it @Roxy13
I wish, but I have no money nor the right trade either!

Yes. I have long enough fingers that I can lift the pots and switch into place with my pinky through the f hole lol. I use a fishin' wire for the jack (old guitar string through aquarium tubing with a washer tied to the end). That has worked out best for me. I've tried using wire, string, dental floss and aquarium tubing. I can get them in in minutes though using my pinky.

Latest Threads