The Other Single-Cuts Classifieds (read the rules before posting)

silverkw

Reaction score
Tokai Honduran mahogany TV Yellow SC special dual P90's.

$1450 shipped & Paypal'd to CONUS and Canada.

The model number is LSS-195, now LSS-210. It's among the very top model of Tokai's that gets Honduran Mahogany.

Off the market.

what was I thinking?

questionman

Reaction score
Anyone have a cool Custom they might trade for a Gibson 82 Standard? I MIGHT, MIGHT consider trading it off, body for body no electronics.

al3d

Reaction score
Ok guys, we got here a trio of 1978 Gotoh HB Custom Humbuckers. Comes from a 78 Greco Custom 3 humbuckers. Will not split the set...
No trade please.

Output are.:
7.95k.

155$ + shipping. OBO.

Attachments

thrashmetl

Reaction score
Sell me your Bacchus Classic Series Les Paul

Will also possibly consider Dukes or BLS-59's. Looking for a Burst or a Gold Top, possibly some other solid or transparent color. Show me what you've got, I've seen the Joe Perry replica and the sparkle blue one a few pages back, not my style.

RainWizard

Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in thie one...
can you contact me for further informations?
I also have a P90 Goldtop for trade...
sorry I'm new here, couldn't find a private message function.

Hello folks --I have a 1984 EG59-100 (w/ Dry 82s) that I am looking to trade for a P90 guitar. This guitar has some play wear (mostly buckle rash on the back) and plays and sounds great. I guess I am just more of a P90 guy. Forgive the bad pic--I will take some better ones today or tomorrow. I am in Massachusetts.

MrGansburg

Reaction score
Another member posted this in the Ebay sub-forum but thought it was worth re-porting here- August 2014

***New final value fee cap for private sellers on eBay.co.uk***

01 August, 2014 | 12:29PM BST

Hello,

On 2 September 2014, the maximum final value fee for private sellers will increase from £75 to £250. This change will only impact listings with a sale price of £750 and above (or £937.50 and above for private sellers with a Basic Shop) and will affect items listed from 2 September 2014 onwards.

As a private seller without a Basic Shop, this means that if you sell an item for under £2,500 your final value fee will be 10% of the total transaction price (including postage). If your item sells for over £2,500 you will be charged a maximum final value fee of £250.

As a private seller with a Basic Shop, this means if you sell an item for under £3,125 your final value fee will be 8% of that total transaction price (including postage). If your item sells for over £3125 you will be charged a maximum final value fee of £250.

This change does not apply to motors listings, property or classifieds. Business Seller fees remain unchanged.

Full details of eBay fees for private sellers can be found here.

cmerch

Reaction score
1985 Tokai ATE-52 telecaster for sale

Recently picked up a Tokai ATE 52 after reading many good things about them. Appears to be all original, except it's supposed to have a slightly different than exact headstock shape... which it does not. Can't really tell if it's been sanded, as I read these are often "fenderized"... Anybody know anything about the possibility of an "early run" or something of the like, or do you think it is probably just a really good sand and refinish? Maybe a Japan only release version? Everything else about the guitar is up to specs except the headstock shape. The neck has been sanded, but not refinished, which leads me to believe that the headstock may have been sanded "to shape" as well, but to my eyes it doesn't appear to be so... but my eyes aren't the best.
It's a nice guitar, good frets for it's age (likely a 1985 guitar) the neck is just a bit chunky for my small-ish hands and I can't bond with it.
I tried to do a little research and only found 2 other guitars like this around, one on Ebay for $750 and one on Reverb as part of a set that is selling for $1400. No sold listings. This one is in pretty good shape, dings and some minor buckle rash, but it only comes with a gig bag and I would say it's in good shape for a 30 year old guitar. It could definitely use a setup imo, and it's kind of grungy but I would leave the decision to clean it up or leave it to the buyer. For those reasons, I think $550 sounds fair. If someone can find me other examples of market value and wants to pm them to me, I'm all ears, as I don't know much about these guitars. From what I've found, this sounds reasonable to me.
I can text/email more specific pics upon request. Thanks for checking it out.

Here's a link to a catalog I found about these guitars...

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai_85-86_electric_p4.jpg

Attachments

slaveone

Reaction score
As a private seller without a Basic Shop, this means that if you sell an item for under £2,500 your final value fee will be 10% of the total transaction price (including postage). If your item sells for over £2,500 you will be charged a maximum final value fee of £250.
This has been the case in USD for quite some time. I stopped selling on eBay a couple of years ago because of this.

Don't forget to factor in the fact that they also charge 10% on your shipping cost! WTF? This was done to curtail people selling items for $.01 and charging $100 for shipping, but it's still utter BS.

This, coupled with the fact that eBay owns PayPal AND charges listing fees, means you're likely to owe ~14% to eBay on any item that you sell for under $2,500 which, in my world, is essentially 100% of what I would be selling.

14% is an incredible amount to pay for access to their marketplace, but that said, most stuff sells on there very quickly. If you're desperate, it's the place to go...otherwise, I'd stay the hell away.

slaveone

Reaction score
ebay sucks...
I think I saved the email where eBay told me they were 'rounding up' the final value fee for eBay US users from 9% to 10% so it would be easier for us to calculate what we owed them in our heads. Seriously?

They do suck, indeed.

Leddyman

Reaction score
I don't sell much, but everything I've sold has been on Craigslist. Zero problems or fees.

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
I think I saved the email where eBay told me they were 'rounding up' the final value fee for eBay US users from 9% to 10% so it would be easier for us to calculate what we owed them in our heads. Seriously?

They do suck, indeed.
They are suffering due to Amazon and Alibaba so instead of making it more attractive they are raising their rates in desperation.
I wish Google opened up their own system.

reborn old

Reaction score
I think they are also suffering due to the way they favor buyers over sellers in disputes,
and banks offering free e-transfers could ultimately cut into Paypal's market share.

In hindsight, it was a sad day when Yahoo auctions left North America.
They were the only auction format competitor big enough to keep an eBay monopoly from pushing their customers around.

Just for giggles I checked insider sales of eBay stock.
One director sold over $600 million in personal eBay shares over the past year !
That's a lot of final value fees ... :D

Lumi71

Reaction score
navigator n-lp 380 2001.
still for sale

ok, another price drop. i can go down to 1700 euro + shipping, incl. a real good esp gb 18 gigbag. payment with bank transfer only.

i cant go lower here...
its a more than fair price. not cheaper if you buy directly in japan..
its in absolut mint condition apart from one chip at the beck of the neck.

shipping in europe will be around 40-50 euro.
still for sale.

last and massive price drop. 1800 euro plus shipping.
no offers.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/Q

Latest Threads