The official Wraptail appreciation Thread

thejumpcat

Reaction score
I just got this '60 Special in TV white; 2005. It could just be the brand of strings that are on it, but does anybody else have an issue dealing with the sharp string windings where they come through the back of the bridge. I rest my palm on the body and up against the back of the bridge, and it's uncomfortable. Thoughts?

1614098218909.png

sonar1

Reaction score
I just got this '60 Special in TV white; 2005. It could just be the brand of strings that are on it, but does anybody else have an issue dealing with the sharp string windings where they come through the back of the bridge. I rest my palm on the body and up against the back of the bridge, and it's uncomfortable. Thoughts?

View attachment 521377
GHS Nickel Rockers are mashed a little. Might help.

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a wrap tail R4.

I didn't even know they made customs with a wrap tail.......

I wonder if you can order M2M with a wrap.......

I think they are just a little more comfortable to play. I don't have an opinion about the tonal differences. Even more so, I like the strings through the body.

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 521377
Thread the string through a ball end from a previous set. It provides just enough clearance.

thejumpcat

Reaction score
Thread the string through a ball end from a previous set. It provides just enough clearance.
I thought about doing that. I've done it on my R6 when I wrap the strings over the tailpiece. But on that guitar, I tend to rest my hand between the tailpiece and bridge, so it's not really an issue like this wrap bridge.

Latest Threads