The official Wraptail appreciation Thread

d1m1

Reaction score
All Wraptail geetars are welcome, new, used, vintage, aged, yes even not gibsons ;) Post them. And let us know why you like them.

I do like and prefer wraptails first because of the imo better tone. Imo they have better sustain, better attack, better response, they are tonal more versatile, when picking closer to the wraptail or closer to the freatboard the tone changes dramatically etc. Also it is more comforteble to play on wraptails because you can rest your hand on the big smooth wraptail/stud. Palm muting works also better.

:cheers2:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wraptails are my favorite as well. They just have a snappiness to them that I don't quite get with a TOM or other setup, although the others have their place as well. Here's my current lineup...

1954 Les Paul
DSC_0070.JPG

1957 LP Special
DSC_0001.JPG

Honorable mention to my 1964 and 1965 SG Juniors, which in addition to not being Les Pauls, are also not technically wraptails, but I keep them strung that way.
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG

Also have a 1964 Epiphone Coronet.
DSC_0301.JPG

Almost forgot my 1956 LP Junior that I haven't seen in almost three years. It will be Sunburst when I get it back.
IMAG3850.jpg

OK, I'm done. :D

Last edited:

d1m1

Reaction score
They just have a snappiness to them that I don't quite get with a TOM or other setup
snappiness is a keyword i forgot to mention. they have also a twang to them when picking close to the wraptail.

oh man i love your guitars!

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
I do like and prefer wraptails first because of the imo better tone. Imo they have better sustain, better attack, better response, they are tonal more versatile, when picking closer to the wraptail or closer to the freatboard the tone changes dramatically etc. Also it is more comforteble to play on wraptails because you can rest your hand on the big smooth wraptail/stud. Palm muting works also better.

:cheers2:
Pass the Kool Aid please. :laugh2:

Rhust

Reaction score
I have been looking at a 2015 double-cut special LP, but I'd be concerned about the non-adjustable intonation... is that an issue for anyone?

d1m1

Reaction score
not at all. there are options like the mojoaxe compensated wraptail. also you can adjust the wraptail it self.

go at 05:20:

Last edited:

Latest Threads