The OFFICIAL Marshall Class 5 Rocks thread#2.Please post your pics and videos!!!

Standard 64

Reaction score
I really dig the Marshall class 5 amp,I have the 2nd edition head.This amp really smokes!!!Can you guys post pictures of your Marshall class 5 amp,your setup,tips,tubes,videos,just talk about it,etc.Thanks!!!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I thought you already had a Class 5 Rocks thread.
:wtf:
I am actually heading more towards the Blackstar HT-5R I am thinking. I want a more gain/feature rich 5w amp for around $400. I really want more than just Volume/Treble/Mid/Bass for my hard earned cash.

Standard 64

Reaction score
I thought you already had a Class 5 Rocks thread.
:wtf:
I am actually heading more towards the Blackstar HT-5R I am thinking. I want a more gain/feature rich 5w amp for around $400. I really want more than just Volume/Treble/Mid/Bass for my hard earned cash.
then this is not the thread for you,thanks anyways.CHECK OUT THE TUNE "FOX ON THE RUN" IN THE NEXT POST!!!!!

Standard 64

Reaction score
There's an LP Trad into a C5 recorded with a 57 off axis here. And also a Vox Pathfinder 15R for those interested. I think the C5's panned slightly Left.

Fox on the Run

If this stays civil,cool.
Any BS,I'm outta here for good :io:
wow,that clip sounded real good,thanks!!!!!!

logen99999

Reaction score
this thread seems more like a attempt to justify how awesome the class 5 is in reaction to it's recent criticism (involving the OP of course) rather then an actual thread dedicated the mutual appeal people share for the amp.

just let it go Standard. nobody cares how much you want to defend Marshall's most entry level tube amp. it's not that special.

rocknhorse1

Reaction score
He is displaying his same old antics over at TGP in the Phaez threads over there. I find it funny this has come full circle for old 64..... you get, what you give.

singlecut

Reaction score
Don't you have anything?

Yeah well,as I said:any BS and I'm outta here.
All I see so far are people with nothing worthwhile to contribute except the exact same BS they were accusing the OP of slinging.
Pretty lame in my book fellas.

:io:
ouch," i'm gonna leave if there is any bullshit". then leave.
i commented on the thread ,not the amp.
and if you find my comment that hurtful, then i'm sorry mr sensitive.
i haven't read your book yet tho.

singlecut

Reaction score
Don't you have anything?

Yeah well,as I said:any BS and I'm outta here.
All I see so far are people with nothing worthwhile to contribute except the exact same BS they were accusing the OP of slinging.
Pretty lame in my book fellas.

:io:
ok spanky, you want something worthwhile from me. well here you go.
i took a brand new class 5 in trade a while back.
plugged it in, played it, puked ,and sold it on ebay.
there you go.
now , i'm sure your saying, "thats not worthwhile,", but wait it really is. just because i'm not praising this little box of poop, does that mean my opinion isn't worth anything.
so in order to post in this thread i have to like the amp?
funny i don't recall seeing the MOD tag in your avatar or ever seeing your name mentioned as an owner.
so, i'll play by their rules if you don't mind.
well gotta go, i'm going to string my lester with 18's just like my idol standard 64 does, maybe thats the key to getting anything to come out of that box that dosent sound like i'm shitting my pants

Standard 64

Reaction score
Not gonna play anybodys games,I remembered somebody lost the keys to the asylum.Anybody that plugs into any amp,plays it for a little while,then dismisses it,is missing out.You need to spend time with it,see its potential and adjust accordingly.The Marshall class 5 is a monster amp,with monster rock n roll tones.I put a Tung sol 12ax7 in v1,a JJ 12ax7 in v2 and a Mullard for the el84 position.Then I play it through a 1x12 cab with a WGS reaper speaker,you have to find your sweet spot with the amps controls and the guitars controls.For me I have the bass at 9 oclock,mids at noon,treble dimed and volume dimed.Mostly play in the bridge or in the neck with the guitar volume rolled back.Someday I will figure out how to record and post,when I do youll be pretty amazed.This amp is way better than I thought,especially with the tubes and speaker.

yawny

Reaction score
You hate that people don't like the amp, yet try to tell them that it would be an awesome amp if they spent more time with it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and double standards suck, so if you don't want people to tell you your opinion sucks, then don't tell them that theirs does.

Standard 64

Reaction score
He is displaying his same old antics over at TGP in the Phaez threads over there. I find it funny this has come full circle for old 64..... you get, what you give.
I call your bluff,I dare anybody to go to that website and go to their amps and cabs section and do a search for "phaez"threads(which I have not mentioned ONCE here at mylespaul in any of my posts in maybe over a year now?and there are exactly 17 phaez threads over their and I am not in a single one!!! I am in one that is titled "daisycutter 8 owners need advice" and my only comment was this"does he have a return policy".I think the "builders"around here are ganging up on me and its snowballing to other guys because I got mad at somebody in their thread about their recomending modding the class 5 and that builder needs your "business".So I admit,I was harsh.Does this apology satisfy everybody,I doubt it,Cant please all the people all the time.Respectfully submitted S64

Standard 64

Reaction score
You hate that people don't like the amp, yet try to tell them that it would be an awesome amp if they spent more time with it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and double standards suck, so if you don't want people to tell you your opinion sucks, then don't tell them that theirs does.
This thread is for class 5 people ONLY!!!! I love the class 5!!!!

yawny

Reaction score
Look who suddenly owns the MLP forums. :rolleyes:

Even if i've only been on the forum for a few months, i made more friends than you did enemies over the course of two days.

Try again when you contribute something genuinely useful to a thread.

Latest Threads