The Official Line 6 Helix Thread

frankv

Have You Ever Lost A Love?
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Spot on! Before I always had amps around, try this and try that, lose money between this buy&sell madness of mine, all this to catch the "perfect" tone in my head. And the pedals? Tons of them, one day you're like "wow", day after it was on eBay. Now I can do that by selecting a profile/patch. I can play whatever I want to, without busting the bank anymore. And last but not least, I discovered tones that I always snobbed in my life, without buying another amp, pedal, cabinet etc etc etc. And we don't talk about having a lot of mediocre sounds, this was the past. Now with a fraction of the price of a top notch amp you can have hundreds, and top notch too, in a single unit. :)
Yep, and the best thing about it is there are always new firmware updates coming out that keep you interested and excited. In tube world it would be like.... I gotta "ROLL TUBES"... or "Whats better, EL34s or KT88s" all the while none of that really made a kill of beans difference anyway. Been there, done that.

And lets not get started on all the attenuators I had pass through my hands..

matthew bear

Reaction score
Some between you guys have both too? (KPA+Helix)
I have both, and I like them both quite a lot :D I've been meaning to set up a rig using helix effects being routed to both the front of the KPA and the loop of the KPA via one of the loops on the helix. you may have a pretty bad ass rig using both, but the Helix hold it's own quite well as an all in one.

StingyCH

The Bearded guy from Heidi land..
Reaction score
I have both, and I like them both quite a lot :D I've been meaning to set up a rig using helix effects being routed to both the front of the KPA and the loop of the KPA via one of the loops on the helix. you may have a pretty bad ass rig using both, but the Helix hold it's own quite well as an all in one.
Thanks man, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :D Do you know if there's any chance to use its midi as a controller for the KPA too?

matthew bear

Reaction score
Thanks man, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :D Do you know if there's any chance to use its midi as a controller for the KPA too?
yes you can, I have to find the video for it. let me see what I can find.

The helix channel on you tube had a video on it, but I can't seem to find it...he's made 15 million helix videos, and he has a kemper channel too (toaster tones tv)...I don't know what the hell he did with it :laugh2: that's not much help, other than to say I have seen it done :dunno:

Last edited:

BBD

Reaction score
Mike Zaite - Dr Z - on amp modelling and the future:

"From day one, I’ve always worried about what’s going to happen when I can’t buy tubes anymore—when they’re not available. The same with transformers and all of the other parts that make up the antiquated technology of tube amps. Fortunately, those things aren’t a problem today, but someday they’re going to be. And things like Kemper, these profilers and samplers are going to be the next wave."

StingyCH

Reaction score
Arrived! Currently unboxed and I'm updating it to 2.50 FW. I have my main guitar by the luthier until Wednesday, so I'm just waiting to test it properly, patiently like a Shaolin monk :D

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think LT's look so cool. They have such a clean, classy look to em. I like my floor, but I much prefer the look of the LT case and it's overall appearance. Much richer looking.

saks

Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the way the LT displays the stomps on the screen. Hopefully we'll get that on the floor someday but I won't hold my breath.

CaptainT

Reaction score
It´s funny. The USB Stick wasn´t at the same position as yours @StingyCH . Mine was in the plastic bag along with the other stuff. The whole box was still sealed and not breached.

Maybe the guy who packed mine was lazy:)

I just sold my Wahcko Wah and only one pedal is left now, but already for sale. The only analog thing left is my amp, but I´ll keep this one for now, because it sounds awesome with the Helix:)

The 2 new Helix 2.50 amps are my favorite of the bunch right now, I really dig them a lot. The Placater replaced my Plexi models in all my other patches:)

Cheers from Germany,

Thorsten

madmusicltd

Reaction score
Just did my update to 2.50! Thanks for the new reverbs! I have been struggling with the right reverb for my Marshall and Dr. Z patches., and the Ganymede reverb works perfect for me! Anyone know where this reverb originates from? I have been so happy with the Helix Floor!

StingyCH

Reaction score
Maybe yours was packed on Friday at 18:00 :lol: @CaptainT

I really dig the Helix, some of the amps are incredible :acoustic: the effects are wonderful compared to my KPA. Did you try some Glenn DeLaune patches? Some are out of this world :bowdown and totally worth the price

CaptainT

Reaction score
Maybe yours was packed on Friday at 18:00 :lol: @CaptainT

I really dig the Helix, some of the amps are incredible :acoustic: the effects are wonderful compared to my KPA. Did you try some Glenn DeLaune patches? Some are out of this world :bowdown and totally worth the price
GDs Packs are great, I bought his High Gain Amps and one Artist Pack:)

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Ever since the update that brought us the Litigator and the Mark IV, all the new amp models are super easy to dial in. I can't get the Placator (Placator is the Line 6 name for the Friedman BE100 model, for those that don't have a Helix) to sound bad. The low end thump on that model is insane, and it is what has been missing on most of the Marshall models in Helix.

Last edited:

James R

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m still spending most of my time with the Lonestar model, but the Friedman is insane as well.
I think they’re the best two models in the Helix, but there’s not many (if any) that I don’t get along with.

I played for about 3 hours tonight and could’ve easily played for another 3 if I didn’t have other things to tend to.
The Helix is just such an inspiring piece of gear, I’m still having a hard time believing it.

MusicLaw

Reaction score
Line 6 is running a 30% off sale through the end of the month on all their software and model packs. This includes Helix Native! The Discount Code is sale30.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Line 6 is running a 30% off sale through the end of the month on all their software and model packs. This includes Helix Native! The Discount Code is sale30.
I just bought Native today because of the sale. I own Helix floor, so I got the big discount PLUS the 30% off... Native cost me $70.:h5:

MusicLaw

Reaction score
Early Monday morning, Line 6's Senior Director of Operations, Frank Ritchotte, posted the encompassing following post:
Guys wanted to give you an overall Helix update update. Since we released Helix in October of 2015 the guys have been very busy. Here Is everything we released in FW since first customer ship. Plenty more coming but as I updated this I thought it looks pretty impressive:

Line 6 Developement
Helix first shipped in October of 2015. Since that time Line 6 has added to the Helix HX Family.

New Amps
* Cali IV Rhythm 1, based on* the Rhythm I channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV
* Cali IV Rhythm 2, based on* the Rhythm II channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV
* Cali IV Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV...
* Line 6 2204 Mod, Line 6 Original based on* a hot-rodded Marshall® JCM® 800
* Line 6 Fatality, Line 6 Original based on THAL
* Matchstick Ch1, based on* Channel 1 of the MatchlessTM DC30
* Matchstick Ch2, based on* Channel 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30
* Matchstick Jump, based on* jumping Channels 1 and 2 of the MatchlessTM DC30
* Archetype Clean, based on* the clean channel of the Paul Reed Smith® Archon
* Archetype Lead, based on* the lead channel of the Paul Reed Smith® Archon®
* Line 6 Litigator, new Line 6 Original inspired by boutique mid-gain amps-
* Line 6 Badonk, all new Line 6 original inspired by the original high gain Big Bottom model
* Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 bass amp
* Del Sol 300, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass amp
* Busy One Ch1, based on* channel 1 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
* Busy One Ch2, based on* channel 2 of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
* Busy One Jump, based on* channel 1 and 2 (jumped) of the Pearce BC-1 bass preamp
* Voltage Queen, based on* the Victoria® Electro King
* Derailed Ingrid, based on* the TrainwreckCircuits® Express
* Brit Trem Nrm, based on* the normal channel of the Marshall® Plexi Tremolo 50
* Brit Trem Brt, based on* the bright channel of the Marshall® Plexi Tremolo 50
* Brit Trem Jump, based on* the normal and bright channel (jumped) of the Marshall® Plexi Tremolo 50
* Cartographer, based on* the Ben Adrian Cartographer
* Agua 51, based on* the Aguilar® DB751 bass amp
* Cali Texas Ch2, based on* the drive channel of the MESA/Boogie® Lonestar(Ch1 coming later)
* Placater Dirty, based on* the BE/HBE channel of the Friedman BE-100 (Clean channel coming later)

New Hybrid Cabs
* 1x12 Cali IV, based on* the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV 12” cab
* 1x12 Cali EXT, based on* the MESA/Boogie® 12” extension cab (EVM12L speaker)
* 2x12 Match H30, based on* the Matchless® DC-30 cab (12” G12H30 speaker)
* 2x12 Match G25, based on* the Matchless® DC-30 cab (12” Greenback 25 speaker)
* 2x12 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (12” speaker)
* 1x18 Del Sol, based on* the Sunn® Coliseum 300 bass cab (18” speaker)
* 1x18 Woody Blue, based on* the Acoustic® 360 18” bass cab

New Effects
* Distortion > Wringer Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), based on* Garbage’s special BOSS® FZ-2
* EQ > Cali Q Graphic (Mono, Stereo), based on* the MESA/Boogie® Mk IV’s 5-band EQ
* Modulation > Harmonic Tremolo (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Delay > Vintage Digital (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Distortion > Teemah! (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Paul Cochrane Timmy® Overdrive
* Distortion > KWB (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Benadrian Kowloon Walled Bunny Distortio
* Distortion > Bitcrusher (Mono, Stereo
* Modulation > Dynamix Flanger (Mono, Stereo
* Modulation > Deluxe Phaser (Mono, Stereo)
* Modulation > Tremolo (Mono) and Tremolo/Autopan (Stereo), based on* the BOSS® PN-2
* Pitch/Synth > Simple Pitch (Mono, Stereo
* Pitch/Synth > Dual Pitch (Mono, Stereo
* Filter > Autofilter (Mono, Stereo
* Delay > Dual Delay (Stereo): New Line 6 Original stereo delay with separate time, feedback, and mix per channel. Includes high and low cut filters and Chorus or Vibrato modulation
* Delay > Reverse Delay (Mono, Stereo): New Line 6 Original; whatever you play in comes back at you backwards (up to four seconds mono, two seconds stereo)
* Distortion > Stupor OD (Mono, Stereo), based on* the BOSS® SD-1 Overdrive
* Delay > Pitch Echo (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Distortion > Obsidian 7000 (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Darkglass Electronics® Microtubes B7K Ultra bass preamp/overdrive/EQ
* Distortion > Clawthorn Drive (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Wounded Paw Battering Ram bass overdrive
* Dynamics > 3-Band Comp (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original multiband compressor
* Dynamics > Autoswell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Modulation > PlastiChorus (Mono, Stereo), based on* the modded Arion SCH-Z chorus
* Delay > Vintage Swell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Delay > Adriatic Swell (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Pitch/Synth > 3 Note Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Pitch/Synth > 4 OSC Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Distortion > Kinky Boost (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Xotic® EP Booster
* Distortion > Thrifter Fuzz (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Dynamics > Kinky Comp (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Xotic® SP Compressor
* Modulation > Bleat Chop Trem (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Lightfoot Labs© Goatkeeper
* Modulation > Double Take (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original doubler
* Delay > Cosmos Echo (Mono, Stereo), based on* the Roland® RE-201 Space Echo
* Volume/Pan > Stereo Width (Stereo), Line 6 Original utility to collapse stereo paths
* Delay > Multi Pass (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original bandpass-filtered multitap delay
* Reverb > Glitz (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Reverb > Ganymede (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Reverb > Searchlights (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Reverb > Plateaux (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Reverb > Double Tank (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original
* Legacy Effects
* Distortion > Tube Drive
* Distortion > Screamer
* Distortion > Overdrive
* Distortion > Classic Dist
* Distortion > Heavy Dist
* Distortion > Colordrive