The Official Line 6 Helix Thread

JonCanfield

Reality is over rated
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!
Is the impedance of the headphones a concern? I currently have a set of Audio Technica ATH-M50X which are already quite nice (but low impedance), but again, since I'm after quality I don't mind investing in nicer ones.
They have different levels. I went with the recommended 80 Ohm model. I'm not an audio guy by any means, but they sound great to me, and a large step up from the B&W on ears that I was using

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Works great! Just get an LT. It’s all you need.
....also works great with a pair of small powered monitors. I have JBL 105s. Great tones and low levels.

Netwarrior

Reaction score
Works great! Just get an LT. It’s all you need.
....also works great with a pair of small powered monitors. I have JBL 105s. Great tones and low levels.
Thanks for the suggestion! I was already planning to get studio monitors. Reality is that, still, 99% of the time I will be playing through headphones, so making sure it works right with this setup is my main concern. One question: you are suggesting to get a pair of monitors because with helix you are able to dial-in stereo sounds? Normally the guitar sound is mono, so one monitor should be enough right? (I'm not really want to cheap out. It is just to understand).

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm really new to digital modelling.

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely!!
Also turns your helix into a great MP3 player.
Great stereo sounds playing along with backing tracks. It’s the reason I have a Helix.
Plus, as situations or finances change, you can just keep adding speakers.

KenG

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer!
Is the impedance of the headphones a concern? I currently have a set of Audio Technica ATH-M50X which are already quite nice (but low impedance), but again, since I'm after quality I don't mind investing in nicer ones.
The headphone Impedance should be equal to or greater than the output impedance driving it! If the Phone Impedance was lower it would draw too much current and load the output too much.

Latest Threads