The Official Axe-Fx II Thread

IronWeso

Reaction score
Well since we are constantly posting clips, presets and tips in another thread I figured it was due time for a thread dedicated to the Axe-Fx II. Please post all your new preset finds, creations, clips, and any tips for new users!:rock:
I'm sure we will see the usual suspects in here, but maybe some new faces too as time goes by. :wave:

Here's my review too: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/358019-nad-review-clips.html

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'll have some blues tracks up todays sometime. I have a great Marshall 1987x clean preset that sounds fantastic.

KenG

Reaction score
Good idea since the mods seem to have forgotten they were going to give modellers their own sub-forum.

drew365

Reaction score
I predict this thread will grow very large, and that I'll be a contributor some day. Good idea starting it!

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I predict this thread will grow very large, and that I'll be a contributor some day. Good idea starting it!
Would love to have you man... :thumb:

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Love the AXE

I am pretty sure this is the Quantum FW Friedman Dirty Shirley through one of the newer stock GB/V30 cab/IR.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHlq_i-zL0[/ame]

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, Ya know.. Sometimes ya just want to sit back with a nice class of Jack.. A cigar, and just give it a soft touch.. Yeah I know, but too bad, that's what I'm giving you OK. hahahaha

Besides, I don't drink Jack and I don't smoke cigars.. Think atmosphere dudes.. hahaha

This is a slow jam over 2 7th chords using the A Major pentatonic scale. This is a Freman modded factory preset using the JTM45 clean. I have some reverb and delay... I recorded the chords and did this lead track in one take. Enjoy the elevator music.

As a side note I would have never been able to record this just 6 weeks ago (before the AXE) Never had the equipment or the quite house to do it in.

https://app.box.com/s/oy4jqqcr8t5zgm6am8ijnw4mqlxak1ut

IronWeso

Reaction score
Frank sounds nice! Could be music in a quiet restaurant or elevator jams hahah

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Frank sounds nice! Could be music in a quiet restaurant or elevator jams hahah
Thanks.. Believe it or not the inspiration for that comes from Buckethead's "a read diamond in rough" album

For someone that shreads like a mad man there is an incredible soft melodic side to him that is on many of his solo albums.

IronWeso

Reaction score
I also wanted to make this thread before we start losing valuable contributors to the Fractal forum. :cheers:

joba

Reaction score
Contemplating selling one of my amps so I can put a foot in the modeling pool.
I know its the future , the technology is so intriguing to me. The only thing holding me back is it seems a little to complicated for this 55 year old head to wrap around. Thats why I have been reading everything I can to see which one would be the best and most user friendly to start with. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

frankv

I have a new love.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know its the future , the technology is so intriguing to me. The only thing holding me back is it seems a little to complicated for this 55 year old head to wrap around. Thats why I have been reading everything I can to see which one would be the best and most user friendly to start with. Looking forward to learning from everyone.
Dude. I'm 57.. It's easy.. Expecially when you have me here that is willing to remote into your computer and teach you... :thumb: As long as you get an AXE FX2.

We would love to have you...

IronWeso

Reaction score
Dude. I'm 57.. It's easy.. Expecially when you have me here that is willing to remote into your computer and teach you... :thumb: As long as you get an AXE FX2.

We would love to have you...
Yep. Frank is most helpful and will show you the ropes! He helped me learn probably about a years worth in 45 minutes :thumb:

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I can't speak to the Kemper as I've never owned one but the Amplifire and AXE are pretty straight forward. You will be playing and sounding great in no time--the cable routing, patch building and MIDI/floorboard setup will take a few weeks to completely get your head around but it's nothing you won't be able to have up and running in a week or two.

IronWeso

Reaction score
If you get the Axe II someone here will hook you up with 300+ exquisite sounding presets that were made by someone who's had an Axe for years and is an Ace at it! From there it's pretty much pick your poison :)

IronWeso

Reaction score
I was messing around making a classic rock preset with a jumped SLP. Adding a distortion pedal was super fun. All of the different pedals have a unique characteristic to them. I was shocked by the array of flavor you could pick :shock: