The new 'Show off your Epi' thread!

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member. :) I've been reading up various threads on this site so I thought I'd join up to say thanks and also to post pictures of my Epiphone Les Paul.

I bought this around 1995 for a 30th birthday present to myself. It hasn't really been out of the house much, though when I bought it I used to have a weekly jam after work with a colleague. These days it gets taken to a local college evening 'rock school' class I started this January, hence my rekindled interest in guitars and playing.

I think the serial number show it was made in Korea, possibly in 1990, but that seems too early as I'm pretty sure I bought it around 1995 maybe even early 1996?

Along with my recently purchased Blackstar HT5-R (5 watt all valve reverb amp):

TheAce93

Reaction score
Quiet topic.. :)
I tend to be too busy drooling over the pics to bother with posting comments most of the time... :drool:

Yours looks like a lovely example of a Les Paul 300 model, judging by the bolt on neck. Love the colour! Is that Honey Burst?

Hello all, just thought i'd show you my Epiphone Les Paul Classic from about 2003 if I recall correctly.
That is a beautiful flame top! :thumb:

Hi, I'm a new member. :) I've been reading up various threads on this site so I thought I'd join up to say thanks and also to post pictures of my Epiphone Les Paul.
Another beautiful Heritage Cherry Sunburst. Yours seems like it doesn't know whether it wants to be a plain top, flame top or quilt top.

Whatever it is, it's damn pretty! :D

alexh0618

Reaction score
Here is me playing my Les Paul Classic Goldtop. Got it in 2006 on a special at Musicians Friend.

This is my 2013 Tribute Plus. Hands-down the best guitar you can buy for that price.

Also this is my first post. Been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to join tonight! :wave:

Glegalee

Reaction score
Hi there!

I bought a Epiphone Les Paul this week! happy me :naughty: It's a really used Les Paul but still looks good en plays superb! Before i began to play on it at home, i had to strip the whole Epi and had to clean every bit on the guitar! I'd reckon it never have been cleaned before hah!

Guitar info;
Fine Guitars Plant, Korea
August 1996
Production Number: 0212

serial: F6080212

What you guys think of this piece? Good one? :)

Cheers!
We can not answer your question without any :photos:

Cheers G.

JohnnyN

Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is me playing my Les Paul Classic Goldtop. Got it in 2006 on a special at Musicians Friend.

This is my 2013 Tribute Plus. Hands-down the best guitar you can buy for that price.

Also this is my first post. Been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to join tonight! :wave:
Welcome to the MLP forum :)

keith longstaff

Reaction score

There's a full harness to go in the translucent green. 50s wiring Cts pots , orange drop caps , vintage braided wire, switchcraft switch and jack. Graphtech Tusq xl nut to go along side the seymour Duncan slash signature set. It should sing when it's done
I'll leave the tribute plus alone for the time being.

YankeeDespot

Reaction score
Here's my 03 quilt top. It's a little more orange than the pics show. I bought it new, as a "player", as my 02 Gib LP limited ed in midnight blue with ebony fretboard was too pretty to play. The stock pups back then were terrible! I got hurt, and everything languished for years. I had gotten some Burstbucker Pros, as I wanted it to sound like the Gibbie that I was afraid of (not anymore!) I recently started playing again, and decided to pull out the Epi. I couldn't get the pups to work with the stock wiring. Through several purchases through Stew Mac, radio shack and GC, I got new parts. I wish I knew about this site, as I wasted countless hours and lots of money on wrong size pots, crappy switches, and bad advise. I finally studied this site, and pulled everything out. Got Switchcraft 3 way and jack, CTS Pots and radioshack 22 gauge wire. Cant remember which resistors, but they're big, and 22k. IT took a while, much longer than it should have, but got it running earlier this week, and I'm thrilled. It is heavy!!! It sustains for a ridiculous amount of time. It's not as touch sensitive as the Gibbie, which is fine. There are a few frets that need work, but it shined up nice, and overall plays well. Thanks for looking!! Thanks for the great site. I have much more knowledge and confidence. Anyone build an 18 watt British amp?

Attachments