The new 'Show off your Epi' thread!

jbrowning

Reaction score
Here is my latest addition to the family. A Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It cost me $40.00 and time to solder a ground wire that came off. Also have some other snazzy looking members of the family.
20190206_141953 a.jpg
20190208_142927 a.jpg
20190213_113154 a.jpg
20190213_113224 a.jpg
20190213_113257 a.jpg

I'm loving playing it. Can't wait to find another to add to the family.
Thanks
Jim

Sonicboom2

Reaction score
What a great collection. Those squires are so cheap and play so well. I have found the only real weak spot are the tuners, depending on the model of squire, some actually come with ok tuners. In reality...someone playing for hobby in the house like myself. I only would have ever need my squire. I've got some expensive guitars, and often wonder why...lol, buyer remorse i guess.

jbrowning

Reaction score
What a great collection. Those squires are so cheap and play so well. I have found the only real weak spot are the tuners, depending on the model of squire, some actually come with ok tuners. In reality...someone playing for hobby in the house like myself. I only would have ever need my squire. I've got some expensive guitars, and often wonder why...lol, buyer remorse i guess.
Thank you, yes I love all of my Squiers. The white one a friend gave to me to needed nothing done to it other than a new set of strings. The blue one came with the little Squier amp and I had to fix the fret edges and adjust the action and then put on a set of strings and it plays great, all for $40.00. Then the red one came along and it needed the same things and the blue one and it cost me $40.00. Then the black one needed some work done on the pick ups and I wasn't too sure of my soldering. So I took it to a buddy of mine and he helped me fix the pick ups and it plays awesome, that one cost me $50.00. The Epiphone Les Paul Spercial II I got for $40.00 and it turned out a pick up ground had come loose. So I soldered it back on and it works great also. I've been pretty lucky so far.

Can't wait to find my next $40.00 or $50.00 guitar to fix up and play.

Thanks
Jim

dearlpitts

Reaction score
With new diadarrio locking tuners, the stock ones really were baf, these make it a fantastic guitar
20190211_232747.jpg

The Mick

Reaction score
2004 MIK Epiphone Les Paul Custom Vintage Sunburst Flametop

Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
CTS/Orange Jimmy Page wiring harness (four push/pulls)
Switchcraft toggle & jack
TonePros TOM bridge & tailpiece
Grover auto-locking tuners
Graphtech nut
Ernie Ball strap locks
Paradigm strings .10-.46
Levy's "Pinup Girls" strap
Vintage guitar case with humidity & temp gauges, combination lock, & backpack straps
XVive U2 wireless

Weight: 7.75 lbs.
Neck: 60's Slim

Debating now whether to wax pot and chrome cover the pups, or go to cream plastics. Never a pickguard, though!

2004 MIK Epi LP Custom 3.jpg
2004 MIK Epi LP Custom 4.jpg