The new 'Show off your Epi' thread!

TheAce93

Reaction score
Everyone here at MLP has great guitars, but I often see the same pics being reposted in several different threads, which I am guilty of myself occasionally...

So if you've taken any new photos of your gorgeous Les Pauls, post them here!

If you've upgraded them or have plans to upgrade them soon, let's hear about it!

Flame tops, plain tops, sparkle tops, sunbursts, solid colours... I wanna see them all! :thumb:

fishered

Reaction score
ok I will start not just les Pauls but the whole herd
Tribute Plus
Prophecy
Plus Top Pro
SG
gold top classic with SD 59's
Danelectro DC 59 reissue
Ibanez AM 93
tobacco burst Standard
and in the bottom of pic 3 Ibanez sa series

Attachments

TheAce93

Reaction score
That's a sweet collection you have there! My personal favourites are the Plus Top Pro, Prophecy, and Tobacco Standard. :D

Ace lightning bolt strap too! :thumb:

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
WELLL now,

I just put a pair of Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbucker Humbuckers with Orange drops in this beauty, and holy sweet moma joma :dude:

Also replaced the Stock P90s with Tone rider Modern P90s on the '56 GT RI. Also put a Compton compensated bridge, silver tophats and Grover 18:1 tuners on her.

The Ultra III is still stock

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ok I will start not just les Pauls but the whole herd
Tribute Plus
Prophecy
Plus Top Pro
SG
gold top classic with SD 59's
Danelectro DC 59 reissue
Ibanez AM 93
tobacco burst Standard
and in the bottom of pic 3 Ibanez sa series
Collection IS sweet.

But, I'm digging some of that wall art too. Got the Duke, that fish chart :dude:

Pflug

Reaction score
Nothing exotic here-

The Les Pauls- Prophecy, Custom Pro with Duncan Distortions, Stock Nightfall, Nightfall with Dimarzio Super 3/ Super 2, Trad Pro with Super Distortion/ PAF 36th, Plus Top Pro with Duncan Custom/ Pearly Gates neck, Standard with Gibson 500T/496R

Plus Top Pro with Duncan EMTY Blackouts purchased yesterday

G400 Pro with Gibson Tony Iommi signatures

The Specials- Special II Plus Top, Special I P90, Special I P90 with a soapbar sized Super distortion bridge

Wekkuli

Reaction score
cybermgk:That natural top special equipped is just mindblowing!

TerryH

Reaction score
I really need to take some quality pictures of my girls! But here's my 2 LPs... my first, the little girl LP100 and the mama, T+. :D

And the newest addition, the acoustic PR150 I just bought for $20.00!

Starchilduk

Reaction score
Everyone here at MLP has great guitars, but I often see the same pics being reposted in several different threads, which I am guilty of myself occasionally...

So if you've taken any new photos of your gorgeous Les Pauls, post them here!

If you've upgraded them or have plans to upgrade them soon, let's hear about it!

Flame tops, plain tops, sparkle tops, sunbursts, solid colours... I wanna see them all! :thumb:

Drooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

TheAce93

Reaction score
Drooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol
I think you may have messed up that quote :laugh2:

Removed the switch ring, added the speed knobs and put in some Seymour Duncan pups (SH-4/SH-1n).
That looks great withtout the poker chip and with the gold speed knobs!

How did you clean off the sticky residue from under the plastic ring? :)

Driver77

Reaction score
That looks great withtout the poker chip and with the gold speed knobs!

How did you clean off the sticky residue from under the plastic ring? :)
Thanks!! 95% came off with the ring. If its real bad I just use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a rag.

TheAce93

Reaction score
Thanks!! 95% came off with the ring. If its real bad I just use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a rag.
Thanks! I might take the ring off my Plus top Pro FX once it returns from being upgraded :D

jrnic

Reaction score
Ok, anytime to show off my collection. At the moment I have 4 Epi's.

This shot was taken before I did my usual round of mod's again. The Cherry Sunburst Standard now has Black Dimarzios (Super Dist & PAF Joe), the Yellow Special now has a Bigsby, and the Silverburst Custom is still stock (for now!)

And my latest which didn't make the original photo shoot: (It has Zebra Duncans- JB and Jazz Neck with no logos on them)

TheAce93

Reaction score
Nice collection there jrnic, those upgrades sound pretty sweet too. :thumb:

How is the PAF Joe? You have it in the neck position I assume?

jrnic

Reaction score
Thank you Ace. Yes, the PAF Joe is in the neck. It sounds very 'articulate' if that makes sense. The original cream Dimarzio neck P/U was a regular PAF. It (the PAF Joe) sounds louder and less muddy than the original PAF. The cream P/U's were Dimarzios I bought new back in 1978 or so, they started to sound weak to my ears.

The only reason I put in the black Dimarzios is because I had them already. They were in my 1993 Gibson LP Standard, but recently I put in a set of Gibson P/U's (496R & 500T) with chrome covers in that one and had them lying around. They sounded so good in my LP that I wanted to keep using them.

TheAce93

Reaction score
Don't be shy folks, keep posting them Epis :thumb:

Here's my Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top Pro FX (what a mouthful of a name...) after being heavily upgraded.

The IronGear pickups are gone, the push/pull coil splitting pots are gone, the awful stock electronics are gone, and the budget trem is gone. The sound and overall feel of the guitar has changed massively. The new pickups are hot and responsive, there is now an audible difference when rolling off the volume, and the guitar sustains for days. The jack output doesn't crackle whenever you plug a cable into it, and the toggle switch actually selects the pickup you want it to! :laugh2:

Here's everything that went into it:

- Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash APH-2 pickups
- BKP 550k pots
- Sprague Orange Drop caps
- Vintage braided wiring
- Switchcraft toggle + jack

I also managed to score a proper German made Original Floyd Rose, which was a straight swap for the FR 'Special' that the guitar came with. (OFR shown in pics 2 & 3)

stratguy949

Reaction score
Only one Epi so far but after experiencing the Tribute Plus there will be more.
[/URL

TheAce93

Reaction score
Nice collection, but needs more Les Pauls! :laugh2:

Really digging that T+... and the gold Strat. :thumb: