The new mustang

timgman

Reaction score

article has a lot to say about the eco boost six cyl. pretty crazy numbers out of that thing. impressive.
I have a 3.5 eco. Prior to that I had the Ram w the larger 5.7 Hemi. THe 3.5 is far smoother and tows my 32 ft camper with zero ease. (through the NYS Adirondaks) The one thing that the RAM had over it was the rear was based on control arms and the sway was slightly better. Higher load range tires on the ford resolved most of that. Breaking on the ford is better, no rust, (dod rusted after 2.5 years and that's why I sold it), no wheel bearing issues on the ford, no tire-rod issue on the ford... Ford is just built more beefy.

Last edited:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless your penis fell off, I call BULLSHIT!! The Coyote rumble is one of the sweetest sounds there is. Next you'll say a Cessna 172 sounds better than a F-14 Tomcat taking off the deck of the Enterprise.
I didn't say it sounded *better*. I said it doesn't matter *to me*.

After thousands of laps on Aprilias, Ducatis, etc at the track, the sound of a car will never come close.

Last edited:

Spartom

Reaction score

After thousands of laps on Aprilias, Ducatis, etc at the track, the sound of a car will never come close.
Oh yeah, how bout now?:)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can agree with that. My Hurricane 1000 (inline, incline 4 banger) with a Yosh race replica on it sounds amazing. My screamin' Eagle deuce (v-twin) also sounds amazing. I'll always love the sound of a cam'd V8, but I have to agree that bikes do it better. :)

redcoats1976

Reaction score
tinninitis makes me like cars quieter than i used to,and another bonus is every cop in a 3 mile radius doesnt hear it when i get on the gas.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I get a kick out of the "not a Mustang" crowd. New Mustang sales are half of what they were 15 years ago, buyers have obviously shifted to more practical SUVs, would you rather Ford cancel the Mustang name altogether at the rate car sales are going?

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get a kick out of the "not a Mustang" crowd. New Mustang sales are half of what they were 15 years ago, buyers have obviously shifted to more practical SUVs, would you rather Ford cancel the Mustang name altogether at the rate car sales are going?
Having the name on an SUV has nothing to do with keeping the name unless they get rid of the cars altogether.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
On the issue of the name “mustang” it must be remembered that Ford has discontinued all its cars (and their names) except mustang. So Ford no longer has choices of names.

Olds442

Reaction score
nobody gives a shit that it doesn't say "Ford" on it anywhere.

haven't heard a single complaint.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the issue of the name “mustang” it must be remembered that Ford has discontinued all its cars (and their names) except mustang. So Ford no longer has choices of names.
They have six non-truck/van vehicles for 2021. Two cars and four SUV'ish.

Escape
Edge
Explorer
Expedition
GT
Mustang

They could have used another name.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
yes.let it die with dignity instead of turning into another freakin SUV.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I am seriously considering doing a Shelby Cobra "Kit." I'd probably buy a 'donor' car to salvage: engine, tranny rear-end and buy wheels and tires. The problem is figuring out where the 300 hours of garage time is going to come from. I am moving into an extremely busy time in my life. So, I may have to...err...pump the brakes on this for a few years, or pony up to have the car professionally built. It would be a great project to do with my son, but he's just entering into the work force and will not have free time for a few years. Maybe I shelf it until I have a grandkid interested in doing a project with his/her grandfather (not expecting that anytime soon).

That said, the engine choices are ridiculous. They go from a variety of 302s to the Coyote 5.0 in a 2,200lbs car...

lancpudn

Reaction score
What's going to happen to all the future gear heads in a BEV world? I replaced all my tools for new ones about six months before I bought my BEV, some of the socket sets are still unused in their boxes :eek: It used to be a right of passage to tear down your first engine but the race for horse power is being overtaken by a race for digital processing power in cars these days.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
DONT TOUCH THE ORANGE CABLES.

PPE is very specific.

The inner rubber gloves & mat need to be recertified regularly.

If you need me to explain it then don’t touch it!!!

If it zaps you you are literally toast.
That is especially true for HEV, PHEV, BEV, & even 48V MHEV

Latest Threads