The New Gibson CEO is...

Dave_W

Reaction score
From the Nashville Post article today:

Speaking to the Post, Curleigh said he is excited about the health of Gibson’s core business of manufacturing instruments and related equipment and sees some similarities between his time at Levi’s and what he is preparing for with Gibson. Both brands, he said, took their leadership for granted and lost touch with their customers. The opportunity is there, he said, to refocus on both the core connections Gibson has with its customers and to truly grow its markets over time.

He clearly understands what happened and what needs to be done. Let's hope he gets it done.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the CEO says he plays guitar. The last guy did to. I wanna see some video. I'm dissapointed by his choice of a J45 over a J200 though.
Not me. The J45/50 is "the" Gibson acoustic to own unless you have to have a bunch of unnecessary bling.

It's Gibson's workhorse guit, and that's refreshing to see from the CEO as opposed to diamond-encrusted SGs that Henry was endorsing.

I hope he does us proud.

Last edited:

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not me. The J45 is "the" Gibson acoustic to own unless you have to have a bunch of unnecessary bling.

It's Gibson's workhorse guit, and that's refreshing to see from the CEO as opposed to diamond-encrusted SGs that Henry was endorsing.

I hope he does us proud.
Gibson builds lots of J-45s: the J-15, J-29 and J-35 are all really J-45s with different woods or finishes to suit certain tastes. All with hand scalloped x-bracing or the 1930's advanced x-bracing.

I have a J-29 but I'd love to have an old J-45 in my collection.

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
With the new management team in place, Henry is going to have more free time on his hands to perfect his chops. Look out Bonamassa, there's a new kid in town!!!

cjpeck

Reaction score
Not me. The J45/50 is "the" Gibson acoustic to own unless you have to have a bunch of unnecessary bling.

I hope he does us proud.

I prefer the maple back and sides. The extra big super jumbo body with those woods are just fantastic. CFMartin can go suck an egg.

parts

Reaction score
Henry even flunked out of Henry Kaiser guitar for the musically unfortunate..

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Looks promising, let's hope for the best. Seems like a guy with brains, unlike the previous guy.

I wonder if they had a "Henry's finally gone" party.

rxbandit

Reaction score
With the new management team in place, Henry is going to have more free time on his hands to perfect his chops. Look out Bonamassa, there's a new kid in town!!!

I was expecting bad, and that was even worse than expected.

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score

And all he can afford is a Big Muff?