The New Gibson CEO is...

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I don’t think he can fuck it up any more than HJ did, let’s see where he takes it and hopefully he’ll do the brand proud and make something we can all afford to own and be proud of

jam81

Reaction score
I still don't understand why people are hoping for prices to all of the sudden drop, that is never going to happen with this or any other CEO, want a cheaper gibson? get an Epiphone. Gibson won't start cannibalizing their epi business just because. If anything, I see them raising the prices more than lowering them down the line. Just my 2 cents.

CivoLee

Reaction score
I still don't understand why people are hoping for prices to all of the sudden drop, that is never going to happen with this or any other CEO, want a cheaper gibson? get an Epiphone. Gibson won't start cannibalizing their epi business just because. If anything, I see them raising the prices more than lowering them down the line. Just my 2 cents.
I'd rather they pull the plug on the Gibson-style Epis and make them closer to their original designs (Wilshire, Coronet, etc.) so they can make a import Gibson line

Either that or suck it up and put an open book headstock on the Epiphone Les Pauls

No other large guitar maker* has issues offering full spec lower price models

*well...PRS now doesn't offer a fully-carved model under $3500

zigzag

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing more comments from him and his team about mission statements and where they want to take Gibson from here.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:hmm:..I know the body is HJ's..But that guys face-hair reminds me of recent(Last few yrs) character actor,Just don't know his name.

Dean Stockwell?

Well all I can say is I hope the lyric "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" doesn't apply.