The New Gibson CEO is...

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay this is true, this JC guy did NOT begin this concern for me. However JC was the global president of the company while "Chip Bergh" was the CEO since JC's start at the company. There was only a month between the publications of Levi Strauss going full retard and Gibson appointing JC as the CEO. Chip Bergh and James Curleigh were both so high up on the corporate ladder of the same company one can figure that they had discussions on the topic in private, since Bergh is this motivated to put the livelyhood of his global brand in jeopardy for US gun control. See in the USA money is the motivating factor, and in politics people who make influence through pay are lobbyists, the aim of which is controlling the overall direction of the USA and in turn-- world politics. The Levi Strauss brand most likely will die off but the CEO will remain paid for this drastic influence through possibly lobbyist connections. People all over the world have bought those American jeans, just like they buy these beautiful American guitars. If they both are corrupt it will show in time, lets hope that this JC guy is not trying to ease his way into our beloved Gibson only to become a political influence on the world. Tyranny will not be supported by patriots, we will see how this all plays out.
As others have said, politics is a no-no here. You'd be better served by Face Book with shit like this.....taking a topic and twisting it into your personal political agenda/conspiracy theories. We don't do Face Book shit here, and for those that have tried, and persisted, they eventually end up BACK on FB because they get the ban hammer.

For the record, I feel the same way about the new Gibson CEO as I do about musicians who play these guitars.....couldn't give any less of a f#ck about where they stand politically on ANYTHING. Keep making great guitars, stay out of extracurricular shit that buried Henry, and let's move on.

smk506

Reaction score
Can we lay off the dude already? He made a few posts, got the heads up he was heading into dangerous water and dropped it... Like a week ago already. Responding now is just dragging shit up for the sake of dragging shit up.

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Right on. Just happy my comments werent redacted. Yall swearing and saying I have a political agenda is your own hot steam. I used factual information to show the connection to a brand that recently trainwrecked because THEY got political, end of story. If I say I wont buy a product from that brand it doesnt mean I have a pOliTiCaL AgEnDa

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
Besides, it does NOT violate the board's politics ban to bring up issues that are matters of public debate. What's off-limits is politicians, parties, ideologies, and proxies for same like attacking or praising media outlets associated with one side or the other.

cjpeck

Reaction score
As if you don't know exactly how that discussion will go. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous at best.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
The discussion doesn't inevitably have to go that way, so long as everybody is mindful where the line is. It's perfectly valid to discuss whether businesses should take sides in debates like gun control, especially those which, unlike say Dick's Sporting Goods, don't have any skin in the game.

Sadly, some people just have to step over the cliff edge.

cjpeck

Reaction score
woulda shoulda coulda. and if wishes was horses we'd all be eating steak.

We all know what will happen. It's petty and frankly immature, but we know what some people will do with that kind of topic.

cjpeck

Reaction score
well, I for one would love to see another epic rage quit fu MLP video posted up to youtube but unfortunately everyone seems to be too levelheaded to stick a finger in the lightsocket.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can dream...

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think this guy is going to do a good job, he speaks well and I think he his employees are behind him.

A buddy of mine went to NAMM and said the buzz at Gibson was incredible, Curly was there and would talk to anyone that wanted to chat or talk and he said the line up was better than any of the other booths, Gibson is setting the bar again

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
well, I for one would love to see another epic rage quit fu MLP video posted up to youtube but unfortunately everyone seems to be too levelheaded to stick a finger in the lightsocket.
Do it? Kys?

Maybe JC saw your toxic masculinity here and called his Gillette replacements to release an anti-bullying ad, is Gibson up next?

Last edited:

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can we lay off the dude already? He made a few posts, got the heads up he was heading into dangerous water and dropped it... Like a week ago already. Responding now is just dragging shit up for the sake of dragging shit up.
Yeah.....looks like he got the point alright. :rolleyes:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
It'd be cool if Gibson started making logo'd pistol holsters or combo holster/guitar straps with the logo.

Last edited:

cjpeck

Reaction score
Do it? Kys?

Maybe JC saw your toxic masculinity here and called his Gillette replacements to release an anti-bullying ad, is Gibson up next?
Dude, did you not see how that crap ends up?

FWIW, I was giving you credit that you had understood how certain topics end up going here and having the good sense to let it go.

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
Take into consideration the new CEO of Gibson has come from two companies that are now being used to influence politics, causing outrage and tanked sales. Thats it, this is not about me or what we can say or cant post about on MLP. Your opinion on good sense is fucked you were joking about suicide!

If anything I hope he stays because whoever he passes the torch to begins a political agenda

cjpeck

Reaction score
dude, smoke a bowl. I have immediate family that commited suiced. Believe me I wasn't joking about it.
"sticking your finger in a light socket" is a euphimism, like "touching the third rail"; it refers to a catastrophic mistake. Maybe you can understand that. Maybe not. At this point I don't care.
Have a nice day.