The New Gibson CEO is...

chasenblues

Reaction score
James "JC" Curleigh.

"Gibson Brands, Inc., the world's most iconic guitar brand, today announced the appointment of James "JC" Curleigh as president and chief executive officer. Curleigh joins Gibson from Levi Strauss & Co., where he served as president of the Levi's brand, and was a member of its worldwide leadership team. Gibson also announced the appointments of Cesar Gueikian as CMO (chief merchant officer); Kim Mattoon as CFO (chief financial officer); and Christian Schmitz as CPO (chief production officer). The appointments of Curleigh and the new Gibson senior team are effective November 1, 2018."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gibson-brands-appoints-james-curleigh-as-president--ceo-and-names-new-senior-leadership-team-300736165.html

Attachments

Last edited:

cjpeck

Reaction score
the CEO says he plays guitar. The last guy did to. I wanna see some video. I'm dissapointed by his choice of a J45 over a J200 though.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I went to the Gibson Facebook page and read the official blurb describing the new senior members of the management team .... very interesting .. I guess anything is possible now

cjpeck

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter whether he plays guitar or not. His job isn't to play guitar, it's to run a company that makes guitars. Just my opinion.
well, that is most certainly true. I wasn't making fun of the guy.
But he's being pimped as "the guitar player who's gonna turn it all around". So I'm curious as to how they're defining "plays guitar". Not that it matters one bit if he's a better player than the last guy. The good thing is that there's some accountability this time.

And while it's also true that Leo didn't play guitar, Freddie Tavares sure could.

coreydm676

Reaction score
Have you seen the prices for Levi's lately! Dude has made them into a luxury brand. There goes any price decrease.
Have you seen the prices on Gibsons lately? They are already a luxury brand. Levi knows what its customers want and more importantly they share a similar history to Gibson. This sounds like an excellent move to me. All we can do is hope he leads the company in the right direction.

nac

Reaction score
Gibson Brands, Inc., the world's most iconic guitar brand, today announced the appointment of James "JC" Curleigh as president and chief executive officer. Curleigh joins Gibson from Levi Strauss & Co., where he served as president of the Levi's brand, and was a member of its worldwide leadership team. Gibsonalso announced the appointments of Cesar Gueikian as CMO (chief merchant officer); Kim Mattoon as CFO (chief financial officer); and Christian Schmitz as CPO (chief production officer). The appointments of Curleigh and the new Gibson senior team are effective November 1, 2018.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/gibson-brands-appoints-james-curleigh-as-president-ceo-and-names-new-senior-leadership-team-1027645290

chasenblues

Reaction score
:hmm:..I know the body is HJ's..But that guys face-hair reminds me of recent(Last few yrs) character actor,Just don't know his name.