The New Album Thread

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I wanted to pimp another great band with a new album coming out that I think a lot of folks here would like, but I didn't want to start a new thread JUST for that topic. I thought, what if we had a thread where anyone can post up information about a new album coming out by one of their favorite bands. That way it stays in one thread and doesn't clutter up the Backstage.

So my first one here...

Graveyard - Peace
106586-peace.jpg

Coming out in late May. They have released one single so far and I like it a LOT better than the whole last album!! Here it is:

I love these Swedish rockers! They broke up after the last album and I thought they would never come back but here they are and this first taste makes me happy.

If you like rock and roll, you will likely dig this band. Check out the full album Hisingen Blues if you are at all interested. You will be happy you did.

NEXT!!!

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up. I love Hisingen Blues.

Travis19

Reaction score
I wanted to pimp another great band with a new album coming out that I think a lot of folks here would like, but I didn't want to start a new thread JUST for that topic. I thought, what if we had a thread where anyone can post up information about a new album coming out by one of their favorite bands. That way it stays in one thread and doesn't clutter up the Backstage.

So my first one here...

Graveyard - Peace
106586-peace.jpg

Coming out in late May. They have released one single so far and I like it a LOT better than the whole last album!! Here it is:

I love these Swedish rockers! They broke up after the last album and I thought they would never come back but here they are and this first taste makes me happy.

If you like rock and roll, you will likely dig this band. Check out the full album Hisingen Blues if you are at all interested. You will be happy you did.

NEXT!!!

Great idea for a thread, I'd much rather read about folk's excitement about new releases than the ever increasing arguments over social issues (in a music-centric forum no less...sheesh).

I was totally surprised by your first pick as I thought they had broken up, I did a double-take when I saw the cover. I'll be picking this up for sure. Fingers crossed that they'll tour with Earthless again!

Travis19

Reaction score
Here's my latest purchase:

Dead Meadow's "Nothing They Need"

268x0w.jpg

I was turned off by the cover, and not thrilled by their last release "Warbled Womb". But I'm glad that I picked this up as it totally smokes. It's a psychedelic fuzz-fest of a rock 'n roll album!

I have a feeling 2018 is going to be another great year for new music. I'll keep posting the good ones as I hear them.

Travis19

Reaction score
Well...

This certainly is a nice surprise.

Capturesleep.JPG

"Just this week, stoner metal legends Sleep expanded their tour. Now, they revealed that their long-in-the-works followup to Dopesmoker will be out… TOMORROW (which is 4/20, natch). It’s called The Sciences, and it’s coming out via Jack White’s Third Man Records. That’s the artwork above and you can check out the tracklist below (via Pitchfork). You can stream snippets of every song on iTunes now.

Tracklist
01 The Sciences
02 Marijuanaut’s Theme
03 Sonic Titan
04 Antarcticans Thawed
05 Giza Butler
06 The Botanist

Sleep — 2018 Tour Dates
MAY 15 LE TRABENDO (PARC DE LA VILLETTE) Paris, France
MAY 16 Café Bad Bonn Düdingen, Switzerland
MAY 18 Technikum (im Werksviertel Mitte) Munchen, Germany
MAY 19 Markthalle Hamburg, Germany
MAY 21 Debaser Strand Stockholm, Sweden
MAY 22 Rockefeller Oslo, Norway
MAY 23 Pumpehuset – Stor sal KØBENHAVN K, Denmark
MAY 25 SO 36 Berlin, Germany
MAY 26 TivoliVredenburg Utrecht, Netherlands
MAY 27 Ballroom Brussels, Belgium
MAY 28 O2 Empire Shepherds Bush London, United Kingdom
JUN 05 Showbox SoDo Seattle, WA
JUN 06 Roseland Theater Portland, OR
JUN 07 The Warfield San Francisco, CA
JUN 08 The Wiltern Los Angeles, CA
JUN 09 The Van Buren Phoenix, AZ
JUN 10 Sunshine Theater Albuquerque, NM
JUN 11 Ogden Theatre Denver, CO
JUL 22 9:30 Club Washington, DC
JUL 25 Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
JUL 26 Brooklyn Steel Brooklyn, NY
JUL 27 Brooklyn Steel Brooklyn, NY
JUL 28 Royale Boston, MA
JUL 30 The Danforth Music Hall Toronto, Canada
AUG 01 Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL
AUG 30 – SEP 02 Muddy Roots Festival Cookeville, TN
"

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

New album came out in February 2018

This was their April Fools joke this month...one of their songs redone in a "new" way. It's actually really cool, I kind of like it better than the original version, it's unique.

Last edited:

Pal

Reaction score
Graveyard sounds a lot like Hermano which in my opinion is a good thing

sk8rat

Reaction score
I'm so glad this isn't another Gret Van Fleet thread :rolleyes:
I dont think you have to worry about that. by the looks of it, they arent ever going to release an album :laugh2:

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I applaud :applause: the resurrection of this thread. Seems like a good way to "catch-all" the new music releases.

I like your "Blue" Ozzy record. I got it at Walmart (even though I hate to shop there) - and apparently Walmart's "special Colored vinyl" edition is swirly gold-flake. Cool, but not as cool as the Translucent Blue.

Skeletor

Reaction score
New Clutch was released recently - CD is pending but I picked up the LP

Latest Threads