The mystery of Foss Lake

ZWILDZR1

Reaction score
This is really cool. They find the remains of a 69 Camaro that disappeared in 1970 along with three teenagers in the lake. Plus another car that disappeared the year before in 1969. Sad that they died but finding them after all this time is wild. Not sure I believe that they just rolled into the lake and drowned. :hmm:

Cold cases solved: IDs of Foss Lake remains confirmed - CNN.com

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
So, they still haven't found Hoffa yet.

That's a cool car to get restored.

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I remember reading this Sept of last year.
So many people disappear and we never hear from them ever again. Closure is good.

Even though their bodies have finally been found, I want to know what happened to the McStay family and the Jamison family. Spooky shit.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I remember reading this Sept of last year.
So many people disappear and we never hear from them ever again. Closure is good.

Even though their bodies have finally been found, I want to know what happened to the McStay family and the Jamison family. Spooky shit.

Oh shit, thats ****ed up.

Just a reminder to everybody: Unsolved Mysteries is the scariest ****in thing to ever air on television.

Heres something to keep you up at night:

XrrJErz.jpg

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everybody: Unsolved Mysteries is the scariest ****in thing to ever air on television.

I am borderline obsessed with Unsolved Mysteries.
Agree, the series is so terrifying. The directing, Stack's narration, and the music created the most unsettling atmosphere ever.

chasenblues

Reaction score

From the link,

"The skeletal remains of two adults and one child were found on November 15–16, 2013, more than four years after the family went missing. The remains were discovered less than three miles away from where the family's pickup truck had been abandoned. While the remains were presumed by many to be those of the missing family, the Oklahoma medical examiner's office needed to use antropological and forensic pathological testing to identify the remains.[6]
Officials confirmed on July 3, 2014 that the remains belonged to the missing Jamison family.[6] A cause of death was not determined."

The remains were found 4 years later, less than 3 miles from where the truck was abandoned..

So either there was a very bad search of the area after they disappeared(If there was one?) or their bodies were dumped there after the search.

James Carney

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
From the link,

"The skeletal remains of two adults and one child were found on November 15–16, 2013, more than four years after the family went missing. The remains were discovered less than three miles away from where the family's pickup truck had been abandoned. While the remains were presumed by many to be those of the missing family, the Oklahoma medical examiner's office needed to use antropological and forensic pathological testing to identify the remains.[6]
Officials confirmed on July 3, 2014 that the remains belonged to the missing Jamison family.[6] A cause of death was not determined."

The remains were found 4 years later, less than 3 miles from where the truck was abandoned..

So either there was a very bad search of the area after they disappeared(If there was one?) or their bodies were dumped there after the search.

Oh, there was a super extensive search. But this is super common in rural areas. Bodies are almost always found within a few miles of the disappearance location years later.

Two very strange things about finding the Jamisons:

1) They weren't able to determine the cause of death. So that means they weren't shot, as the ME would have been able to easily determine that through skull and bones. So did they die of an OD? Suicide? Get lost and exposure / starvation? WTF happened?! Why were they carrying that money?! Watching the surveillance tape of them packing before leaving their house, it's like they're in a trance. Maybe drugs.

2) Their bodies were found FOUR DAYS after the McStays were found. Considering they were the two most high profile family disappearances in years, I find the odds absolutely infinitesimal they would be found within four days of each other. Were the bodies dumped after the McStays were found for some reason of distraction? I don't believe in coincidences.

chasenblues

Reaction score
2) Their bodies were found FOUR DAYS after the McStays were found. Considering they were the two most high profile family disappearances in years, I find the odds absolutely infinitesimal they would be found within four days of each other. Were the bodies dumped after the McStays were found for some reason of distraction? I don't believe in coincidences.

I hadn't heard of the Jamisons case...I've read about the McStays.

It wasn't mentioned in the article but when the Jamisons bodies were found had it looked like the bodies had been there for 4 years and and decomposed where they were found?
They should've been able to determine that from soil samples from around where the bodies were found.

TeaForTwo

The Guitar Whisperer
Reaction score
From the link,

And yet the family has been collecting their food stamps all this time...

Latest Threads