The most wonderful Les Paul in the World..

arthurkandziora

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Awesome

Pappy58

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. :cheers2:. My wife is indeed a wonderful person and my absolute crutch of life, literally. @moreles , I agree. I was stunned by the burst on this thing the first time I opened the case. It's almost like someone walked over to the R9 line and stole a top. :hmm: Came in a Lifton style case w/COA and candy... I was shocked when I first saw it. ..the color changes under differently lighting are crazy.. :run:

IMG_8990.JPG

Again, I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and New Year and someone close to be with. Hanging with my family is the best part of the season! :cheers:

Guitpicky

Reaction score
LP Customs are great guitars. I just traded up from a Standard and I'm blown away by how much nicer it is. I was never really into the painted ones but I do like them with a nice figured top and you got a peach :)

Axelorox

Reaction score
Yup, customs are indeed some of the most wonderful Les Pauls in the world. To hold a thing of such sheer beauty within your hands is in itself a great joy.

Burny FLG

Reaction score
Well imo anyway! Sung to the Christmas melody. The baby is a 2013 LPC that my wonderful wife bought for me for Christmas in Dec 2014. To me it the most wonderful guitar there is and felt the need to show it off, as it was 4 years ago today I found it under the bed. :doh:

I wasn't able to get much out of Gibson on details, but someone had to M2M this one or it came from a small qty dealer run. It's almost more like a dressed up Standard.

Maple Top (Original LPC's were 100% mahogany)
Rosewood Fretboard
2x Custom Buckers.
Neck Profile = Slim C

It also came original with a Nashville Bridge, Speed Knobs and a USA circuit w/ 300ks

First thing I did was gut the circuit and replace it with a 50's setup and PIO caps and ditched the Speed Knobs for the reflectors and changed the bridge to a ABR-1 w Conversion studs.

Last but not least, although I usually prefer "pick guard on", removing the black one from this was a no brainer. This top pop's, and once I had it off I just couldn't put it back.

Anyway it being the anniversary of the find I thought I would clean er up and thank the wife again. It truly is the gift that keeps giving. And it truly is the most wonderful Les Paul in the world :hmm:...at least to me. :cheers:

Merry Christmas everyone!

View attachment 347709
You got carpet? Wow you must be rich.

scozz

Reaction score
Darn i need a man like your wife. Nice present.

Alright another female MLP Forum member! Great!!!! Although you’ve been a member for 5 months, I haven’t had the opportunity to welcome you to our great forum!

So :welcome: @BKS to MLP Forum!!!!

I wish we had more female members, to get a more diverse, as possible, opinions of the gear we all love.

As far as I know we have at least 3 female members... @Roxy13, (who, in a weak moment, I asked to marry me :D),.. @Harmony...and now @BKS!

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. :cheers2:. My wife is indeed a wonderful person and my absolute crutch of life, literally. @moreles , I agree. I was stunned by the burst on this thing the first time I opened the case. It's almost like someone walked over to the R9 line and stole a top. :hmm: Came in a Lifton style case w/COA and candy... I was shocked when I first saw it. ..the color changes under differently lighting are crazy.. :run:

View attachment 347877

Again, I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and New Year and someone close to be with. Hanging with my family is the best part of the season! :cheers:
WOWSERS. Seeing that Beaut again :wow:

Used to always feel that way with @frozenotter 's Custom before he sold it and got another beaut

Classicplayer

Reaction score
First, I'm thinking that I'm not a big fan of figured tops, but your's is a stunner. You are one lucky fellow to have a loving wife that presents you with a beauty like that Custom for Christmas.
Long may you enjoy it! Merry Christmas.

Classicplayer

Latest Threads