The most discussed guitarists and their tones

rcole_sooner

Reaction score
Ted Nugent
Billy Corgan

:dunno:

"BILLY CORGAN AND THE 'WALL OF MUFF' SIAMESE DREAM TONE - A very popular V4 Big Muff user was Billy Corgan, who used it to very good effect on the Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream album, and several tracks that later appeared on Pisces Iscariot, all recorded in 1992-93. Siamese Dream was one the the landmark albums of the 1990s, and is still highly praised today. It was not only a standout album in the arena of Big Muff tones, but the BMP was integral to the whole feel, mood, and sonic depth of the recordings. Here is a quote from Billy about the importance of the Big Muff to the Siamese Dream sound.

"To me the Big Muff pedal changed the entire course of the album (Siamese Dream). That album is a classic album because of a certain way of thinking with this pedal. So when people say “why was this a classic album” and they wanna talk about pain and drugs and Jimmy (drummer Jimmy Chamberlain), the Big Muff is just as important" - Billy Corgan from a 2005 Netphoria interview

"To me, the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff produces the ultimate super-gain VROOOM sound." - Billy Corgan from his June 2011 Guitar World article"

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
He kicked off the "Tone Chasing" at least in my book he did. I can think of none other that even comes close to the amount of gear and conversations about it.

Prove me wrong.
That may be your experience. However people were chasing Clapton’s Bluesbreaker/Cream tones since those records were released. Even before there was an internet.

My Les Paul Classifieds