The most beautiful car you've ever seen

NRBQ

Reaction score
That's fair, I didn't think about dream cars. I'd probably have put the '82 Trans Am from Knight Rider
I knew I couldn't pick one most beautiful, from dream cars, to muscle cars, to custom cars, exotic cars, the list of beautiful cars is just endless. And like music it's completely subjective although there is some consensus as to the great ones. Someone said the Jaguar E Type is the undisputed champ, and it's hard to argue with that one, such an ageless beauty. The night rider car isn't my favorite but again the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the 1984 Corvette because I remember it when it came out. For years the Vette had sagged in terms of style and performance, and finally Chevy re-birthed the car, it had a clam shell hood, fat tires, a high tech interior with one of the first liquid crystal or whatever they called it dashboards, still the classic Chevy V8. And at the time, to me anyway, I was blown away that they made sure it looked like a Vette, it was new but still infused with Corvette DNA, it still holds a soft spot in my heart.

I have a weird memory of it, my sister had a friend that bought one, and that was huge, a real big deal at the time. I got to sit in it and he was showing me the features and I remember he was getting way too close for comfort. He was practically on top of me, turns out he was what you might call at the time "supergay" which my sister told me later. Still what a car.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
When I was young, my neighbor had that car.
1959 Cadillac Eldorado.
I would stand on the sidewalk and look at it.
Once I was near the fins for like 5 minutes and the neighbor came out.
He said: "I've been watching you through the window. What are you doing?"
I said: "I'm just looking at the fins, they're beautiful. And the lights, and the
way they did a "fuselage" leading to the lights, and... "
He stopped me and said something like; "Wow, you're something else!".
He was just troubled at how much I liked his car.
I asked him if he was OK with me looking at his car every time it was parked there (!)
and he said: "Yeah, no problem". But he was scratching his head when he went back in.
I was just mesmerized by that car.

NRBQ

Reaction score
When I was young, my neighbor had that car.
1959 Cadillac Eldorado.
I would stand on the sidewalk and look at it.
Once I was near the fins for like 5 minutes and the neighbor came out.
He said: "I've been watching you through the window. What are you doing?"
I said: "I'm just looking at the fins, they're beautiful. And the lights, and the
way they did a "fuselage" leading to the lights, and... "
He stopped me and said something like; "Wow, you're something else!".
He was just troubled at how much I liked his car.
I asked him if he was OK with me looking at his car every time it was parked there (!)
and he said: "Yeah, no problem". But he was scratching his head when he went back in.
I was just mesmerized by that car.

That's a great story, I think the one thing that connects all car enthusiasts is the way a particular car mesmerized them as a kid. It all starts with that one car that you couldn't take your eyes off. The story is the same the world over from you to Jay Leno, it all starts out the same way. Then it grows from there, dreaming what it would be like to have one, then working hard and maybe someday, then as we age we finally get that car, and the love is genuine, it's real. People that never had that will never understand the fire inside that fuels the love.

I think for me it started with a friend of the family that had a purple roadrunner with the roadrunner horn. I remember just looking at that car, just like you...mesmerized, just staggered by it, couldn't take my eyes off of it. He'd let me sneak out to the driveway so I could beeb beeb the horn, loved that part. That Cadillac is rolling art, those fins, that profile, pure bliss.

Last edited: