The most beautiful car you've ever seen

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
FL0113-143114_3.jpg
FB_IMG_1491775766012.jpg

'69 Hurst/Olds convertible. They only made 3, and one was wrecked sometime in the early '70's. The other 2 were used as parade cars, with a platform with a giant Hurst shifter for the very beautiful Linda Vaughn to hold on while circling various tracks.

As far as I am concerned, this is everything I would ever want in an automobile.

NRBQ

Reaction score
No way I can just pick one, I can pick some though.

To begin with...

The poster car of my youth, I've spent countless hours starring at that thing on the wall. Things have evolved, but think of what this car looked like in the seventies as compared to everything else that had been made up till then. It was like a spaceship, the bonnet and windshield were one straight line, that was crazy at the time, way ahead of it's time style wise. Today a stock VW GTI could beat it around the track, it's old and slow, but it still looks strikingly fast even standing still.

Last edited:

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Too bad I can’t fit in one. :(

We also had it as the Pontic Solstice, which I find to be boring and almost ugly.

Shows what a little bit of cosmetic changes can make.

Agreed. I’m not a fan of the Solstice.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I had a friend that had that exact car in black, wow does that bring back memories. This would have been 82 thru 84 and the one thing he never understood until he got it was how much gas it guzzled. We were in High School so money wasn't growing on trees, and he was always having to come up with gas money to keep it moving. We went on an epic trip to the beach once and we were so poor we bought bread, then stole the cold cuts from a grocery store and then went to Hardees for the condiments. I seem to remember we always had money for cheap beer though.

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I think they're cool looking. Certainly cooler than the aerodynamic 'everything looks the same' bubble cars that followed them.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I would be remiss if I didn't include the 1968 Shelby GT500KR, for years as a teen that was my dream car.

Although I didn't know it at the time, Jim Morrison owned that car, and in the color I coveted. It was called The Blue Lady and apparently it was given to him as a gift from his record company for one of The Doors gold records. All four members were given a choice as to what they wanted and Morrison chose the Shelby. It had no air conditioning and apparently the white interior and some other features (two centered fog lamps) made it unusual for the time and very rare to come across today. To this day no one knows what happened to it. Some people have said that it was left at the airport when he went to Paris never to return and it was eventually crushed at a junk yard. So people say that he crashed it drunk in Hollywood and then just abandoned it there, where it was towed and eventually crushed at a junk yard. No one knows for sure, one of the great automotive mysteries yet to be solved. So far anyway it's never been found in a barn or in a field, there are theories, but so far it has yet to surface. If it ever was found it would set records at auction that's for sure.

Last edited: